Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

NASCAR K&N Series at VIR

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NASCAR K&N Series at VIR

NASCAR K&N Pro Series Biscuitville 125, Sat, Aug 16th at VIR.

Anyone going?
Old 08-08-2014, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I wish. The photo above from Road Atlanta is awesome. Couldn't imagine how much fun that track would be in one of those cars!
Old 08-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone else go?

I set up overlooking turn 5 near the flatbed the spotters were standing on, but a NASCAR official came and made me move my pop-up. They didn't want any obstructions in their line of sight, but I was there two hours during two practice sessions and not one of the spotters complained that I was obstructing their view. I moved over to turn four and watched qualifying and the race from there.

Overall, it was a little disappointing. The late model cars pretty much failed to show up and there were only three cars. This year's K&N field was smaller than last year's and there was too much overly-aggressive driving which resulted in a number of wrecks that ended up cutting the field considerably. I think there were three red flags which made a 50-lap, 125-mile race seem like the 24 hours of Le Mans. I guess I shouldn't complain too much considering tickets were only $10.

The crowd was way different than most races at VIR. The NASCAR fans brought virtually nothing to the track. Unlike the roadracing fans who brought pop-ups, grills, coolers and the kitchen sink, they just sat out in the grass in the blazing sun or huddled on VIR's tiny bleachers. A few brought chairs and not much else. They left a ton of litter. Overall, a pretty strange day at the track.

Unless the K&N Series fills out its fields, I will probably skip this next year.

Quick Reply: NASCAR K&N Series at VIR