Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Improved Racing Oil Cooler Thermostat install

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Improved Racing Oil Cooler Thermostat install

Finally got the Vette I've been working on sold and off my plate for a while. So now time to get back on the Camaro for all the Winter Projects! First order of business is the Oil Cooler Bypass thermostat from Improved Racing. Since several of my track events are in the colder months, I thought it would be a good idea to regulate the oil temp. Improved sent me an inline thermostat that recirculates the oil until it comes up to temp. It mounts in my #10 lines from the motor to the oil cooler in front of the car. Here's some pics of the install.

Next up is the newly rebuilt 3.07 differential to replace the 2.59 that's in the car now. Also on tap is to add some of the interior back in the car and get the weight up to 3200lbs for the American Street Car Series this year. I think I have difference to make up to add 4 12" subwoofers, 3 amps, a flat screen TV and all the door panels and dash! I'd really like to make the Charlotte event with them, but it's at a really bad time for me to commit at this point.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i think ill be doign the same setup in my TA sometime soon...
Old 02-09-2015, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

why did you go with the external t-stat instead of the all in one adapter/t-stat?
Old 02-10-2015, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

simple answer is I already had the setup on the car with a standard adapter, My headers are pretty close too, but I would have cleared. If I did it all over from scratch the bypass/thermostat is a pretty trick way to go.

Quick Reply: Improved Racing Oil Cooler Thermostat install