Any of you play forza 5?
Old 07-14-2015, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Assetto Corsa and some Gran Turismo here
Old 07-15-2015, 12:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't get me wrong i'm not just Forza.... iRacing also, but I sold playstation and gave up after the PS3 online was terrible and the GT5 or was it 6 didn't feel good anymore compared to forza. and more mods on forza and better online for xbox.... so i gave up on playstation

Corsa I might buy for PC, but the fact it's coming to xbox is hard to pass... I have project cars also on xbox
Old 07-16-2015, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've really enjoyed the previous versions and remember setting up my car and running hours of practice laps on Road Atlanta before my first actual track day many years ago.

I still use it to familiarize myself with other tracks before actually driving them.

Been doing a little research into other driving sims after seeing a thread on the Corvette forum. There are some guys there with elaborate setups and it seems like it might be a helpful (and fun) too to help further develop skills that will be useful on track.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Boss002
Don't get me wrong i'm not just Forza.... iRacing also, but I sold playstation and gave up after the PS3 online was terrible and the GT5 or was it 6 didn't feel good anymore compared to forza. and more mods on forza and better online for xbox.... so i gave up on playstation

Corsa I might buy for PC, but the fact it's coming to xbox is hard to pass... I have project cars also on xbox
I would get Forza but my steering wheel I use isn't supported on Xbox. But still virtual racing sims are becoming a better and better tool for sharpening your skills without actually going around a track.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:45 AM
On The Tree

I've got GT5 and 6 and I used to love the sim, before I actually started driving my car through road courses and autocrosses. I have the steering wheel and big screen and all that, the experience there doesn't come close to approaching reality- the feedback I get from the inputs on the game are not event close to what I use to drive around a real course.

As Midnight says above, I think they are good to familiarize yourself with the general flow of a particular track, none of which are near me, so that when you get to the track you are prepared with the degree of turns you will see and in which order.

It seems like I would need a very elaborate set up to start making the experience a useful training tool for me, and if I had that kind of money I might as well spend it on parts or going to a school.

Just my opinion- I would love to find a sim that helped me become a better driver!
Old 07-17-2015, 09:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

I play AC and have an offseason sim racing group on FB. I'll invite you. It typically picks up in the winter time.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Boss002

XB1 FM5 here(and all previous Forza's and GranTursimos)...FM is pretty awesome...can't wait for part 6. GT5 was the worst sim I have played...I waited a year for it, and I returned it the same day I bought it(sound of a C5 Z06 resembled a supra...and max power builds on an LS was a magnacharged 700hp setup... lame).

I have been wanting to buy a wheel but unsure where to spend the money. Tmaster seems okay...fanatec seems great but expensive? Been wanting to try someones setup but never have been able to. I also purchased Project cars,..which is pretty sweet....sound effects are awesome!

Which wheels do you guys use? What would you change?
Old 07-24-2015, 10:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight02
I've really enjoyed the previous versions and remember setting up my car and running hours of practice laps on Road Atlanta before my first actual track day many years ago.

I still use it to familiarize myself with other tracks before actually driving them.

Been doing a little research into other driving sims after seeing a thread on the Corvette forum. There are some guys there with elaborate setups and it seems like it might be a helpful (and fun) too to help further develop skills that will be useful on track.
I think it was the le mans winning Peugeot driver that drove his same car in the game,...and was 3tenths difference between the real car(and driver) vs the sim. I'd say that is pretty amazing, and warrants trying to build/mimic your vehicle setup and hit your favorite track(in the game).
Old 07-24-2015, 10:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by camarokid91
I play AC and have an offseason sim racing group on FB. I'll invite you. It typically picks up in the winter time.
Sweet.

And I use the Thrustmaster Ferrari TX wheel with T3PA Pro Pedals. Works great on the one and great for iRacing.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:37 PM
DK
Staging Lane

I play it.

The Hennesee Venom is ridiculous to drive, but I just got the Audi E tron. Wow!

Lot of cool tracks on there for sure. Driving Laguna is just like being there.

David

Quick Reply: Forza 5, who plays?