Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

2015 Wilmington Champ Tour

Old 08-17-2015, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Wilmington Champ Tour

Straight to the point for the people who want the results. 1st place in ESP, but would have lost to the G35 if he didn't cone away.

1st place barely

Saturday runs
Saturday morning had to run 2nd heat out of 6 heats total. Their was around 375 total people registered for the event so it would be a long day of autocross.

Last time I was at wilmington I was having problems with oversteer over the bumps and some inside wheel spin issues due to decent off camber sections. We made some shock adjustments to get the car driveable, but being optimistic we went back to are old shock adjustments. Also at the last event we had a brake drag issue and got some off the shelf pads to drive the car home. These 2 changes weren't the best.

Run 1
2nd heat means the course was still pretty dirty. Sure enough I had a huge problem putting power down on my first run. I DNF'd about a 1/4 way through my first run by diving into a corner I thought walked fast, but given the dirty course and my aggressive speed on entry I understeer and shot right past a gate. After the DNF I decided to just attack the course to see what would stick, and the car was stepping out in area's the I typically have little to no problem with traction. I ended up having a little fun in front of a camera guy to get a good shot, and then ended up spinning the car for the first time later in the run. Oh well, a shock adjustment doesn't take much to stable the rear out, the real problem I had was with the brakes being really hard and not really slowing me down. So my co driver and I decided we needed to switch back to the Hawk DTC-60's in between runs.

Run 2
My co driver missed his run due to the time in between runs, but we were able to get the car together prior to my 2nd run. This with the shock adjustments made the car Night and Day better to drive. With this run I was able to get in the lead by about a tenth of a second.

Run 3
3/4 of the run felt smoother and faster than the last one, but go figure I went and screwed it up by pushing the issue on the finish (shown in the final clip of the video)

I felt I left some type out there but was happy with the standings. The one thing that got me nervous for the rest of the weekend was the newly setup G35 Infiniti by G fab. It's pretty much a BSP 350z with a back seat and some extra weight. It will be kicked out of ESP shortly, but has a good chance of taking the National Title this year. Anyways he coned away about a .9xx lead

Day 2
Less dramatic then day 1 and no footage since I didn't remember to charge the go pro.

I was able to extend my lead of the Shelby GT that was 1 tenth behind me to about .6xx tenths, but the infiniti found another .4xx over my fastest run. If he didn't cone away the first day he would have over a 1 second lead. Lucky for me cones count and I was able to take the win securing 2 more hoosiers and some hawk pads prior to Nationals.

After this event it made me think I need to get my koni's refreshed in the rear since that last 2 events here i've had some inside wheel spin issues and more of a thud then a thump over bumps in the rear.

Also Yes I have an exhaust leak... theirs a hole in my stainless works header were the EGR tube cracked off... It should be fixed before nationals if all goes well.

Saturday Pax Results

Sunday Pax Results

Combined Pax Results

Last edited by Boss002; 08-19-2015 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome, nicely done. i cant wait to do some bigger events next year.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Wilmington Champ Tour