Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Instructors needed...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Instructors needed...

I am not associated with 10/10ths Motorsports but they are having a great weekend planned at the new NCM MSP end of this month. They are running the Grand Full course. It is a great track and not many signed up yet. The track is as good, if not better, than VIR. I love it!

http://www.1010thsmotorsports.com/ncm-july-2015.html
Old 07-20-2016, 09:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

I got pegged for sound when I ran there for the Optima Street Car challenge, even though my local autox club recorded me 5 DB under NCM's limit. I agree it was a fun track! Very technical, not sure I'd put it better than VIR though. I may be partial.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by beach cruiser
I got pegged for sound when I ran there for the Optima Street Car challenge, even though my local autox club recorded me 5 DB under NCM's limit. I agree it was a fun track! Very technical, not sure I'd put it better than VIR though. I may be partial.
I may be partial to NCM. Local may have something to do with it. But, the two really are my favorite tracks. I haven't found any other track that has VIR's esses and hogpen. And, as far as NCM MSP, haven't found a track with the table top, long fast sweepers or sink hole. Oh heck, I like them both equally well. I was really excited the first day I broke 2:10 at VIR as well as 2:15 at NCM. Sorry about the noise abatement issue. They have made changes to the barriers. Wish you could make it. Bring another vehicle! The more the merrier.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

If I make it LSFest I may run the lapping days there, I'm already registered for the AutoX package. I'm doing the Charlotte Optima Event next weekend in my First Gen Camaro, If the car holds up I'll start showering my wife with gifts and hints that I want to go back to Bowling Green! It's a 14 hour tow for me so it's a tough trip up and over the mountains too. My Camaro can run 2:04-2:05 around VIR, it would be faster but I run out of motor pushing all that air down the back stretch and front stretch.

Name:  IMG_2877_zpsusbrtery.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  168.0 KB
Old 07-21-2016, 06:58 PM
Teching In

I haven't run the new configuration of the track. I understand some are finding time in a couple of turns nowadays. It would be interesting to see how close my vette can get to 2:00 with the new R7's but no aero. Maybe next year.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:21 PM

im helping at the 10/10ths event this weekend. they put on a good event and they are probably the fastest HPDE group that comes there.
there is a full course HPDE scheduled for the thursday September, 8th before LS fest starts on friday. its up on www.motorsportspark.org on their calendar. im running that one too.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:00 PM

its not on the schedule yet. here is the motorsportsreg signup.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...0#.V5fOnkYrK00

Quick Reply: Instructors needed...