Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Abs inop?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Nope, just gauged against the normal competition. You don't need to do back to back testing to know something is massively off the pace. I've found the difference between a good condition A7 to one that is heat cycled out is ~1.5-2 seconds on my car. The A6 falls off much earlier and they haven't made those tires in quite a while, so an used set is going to be very far off. Ran a set of A6s like that once and it was absurdly slow, data showed less grip than my narrow RE71R on the same site with similar conditions.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

It's great having some close competition. One buddy of mine runs in a WRX and so far all the event's we've been to, we're always a tenth off each other's time, which is so weird since our cars are completely different. And since at my local event we usually get 20+ runs in a day I can make some adjustments and then compare my time to his to see if they helped.

RR still scares me
Old 03-10-2017, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

RR is slow motion, but at high speed...any mistake can have dire consequences LOL

I'll road race at some point, but it will be on a small track like Putnam then work up to Mid Ohio
Old 03-11-2017, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Vette hubs installed but now I'm getting abs light consistently. Is this normal?
Old 03-11-2017, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

My ABS light has been on since the shell swap but it still works. No help here unfortunately
Old 03-12-2017, 08:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I had no issues, did you put the wires in the new connector correctly? 50/50 shot getting it right, but the instructions tell you how to do it.

The new plug goes into the hub harness only one way, so the wires need to be taken out of the old plug and put into he new plug the same way
Old 03-13-2017, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Think I found out why

---edit---

Looks like it was shorting on the spindle. Wrapped it with some electrical tape and lights went away. Did some panic stops and abs works perfectly. We'll see if it can hold up at the track this weekend.

Last edited by M4N14C; 03-14-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Maniac, I noticed your car is a 1999. There was an issue with that year cluster resetting the gauges and trip every time you start it, especially when cold (which is what I have too).

I was testing and fighting issues in my car for years just here and there, but still got old. Mine started when I moved the battery to the trunk so I thought something was not right so I had been changing everything and even moved it back to the front and nothing helped until I found the thread on here that talked about it. It used to happen to me during winter or if I had the key in with ACC on for a while without starting it.

Anyhow, I got a cluster from a 2000 and now no more issues, unfortunately the odometer is off, which I actually want higher so I'm thinking about a computer clock pulse to run up the mileage.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikedamageinc
Maniac, I noticed your car is a 1999. There was an issue with that year cluster resetting the gauges and trip every time you start it, especially when cold (which is what I have too).

I was testing and fighting issues in my car for years just here and there, but still got old. Mine started when I moved the battery to the trunk so I thought something was not right so I had been changing everything and even moved it back to the front and nothing helped until I found the thread on here that talked about it. It used to happen to me during winter or if I had the key in with ACC on for a while without starting it.

Anyhow, I got a cluster from a 2000 and now no more issues, unfortunately the odometer is off, which I actually want higher so I'm thinking about a computer clock pulse to run up the mileage.
Interesting, so the problem is in the cluster itself? I've only had this issue after installing my Shorai battery, never heard about this problem on 1999 cars.

Thanks for letting me know I'll look into it.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

#99-08-49-009

apparently this is the number of the TSB. doesn't so much good at this point, just needs a replacement. theres a few threads on here about it, but most people blame it on the battery, which also can be part of the problem.

Quick Reply: Abs inop?