Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Anyone using the Butler Built road race seat?

Old 04-04-2003, 03:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone using the Butler Built road race seat?

I currently have a set of Sparco Touring VTR seats that I was going to install in my car for the open road events. I have since decided to sell them both for the Bulter Built "Advantage Road Race seat. The Butler seat has better support for the rib cage and shoulders. Does anyone have any experiance with this seat?

I will be selling the Sparco VTR's right away so if anyone is interested, let me know. Check the "for sale" section for them or email me directly.

The Bulter seat can be seen here
http://www.butlerbuilt.net/rr_advantage.html

<small>[ April 04, 2003, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: NataSS Inc ]</small>
Old 04-05-2003, 09:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Anyone using the Butler Built road race seat?

I have had 2 friends use them in project cars. One is an autocross (American sedan preped, but still EFI 92 Mustang LX) Mustang (can I say that word on here?) and the seat worked great (solid, supportive and fairly comfortable), he just switched to sparco seats (looking at the cannonball one lap and wanted a little more comfort) in that car. The other is a 1972 Mustang Mach One American Iron car and that seat is far better than anything else that has been in that car (in all of it's years of racing). I think the Butler is still in my friends basement....Not sure how big you are and if he is selling it or not (my friend is 5'9" and 155 lbs...).
Old 04-08-2003, 06:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know of a guy selling a custom Butler seat out of a Z06 Speed World Challenge GT car. He's removing it for something that is easier to get out of. The 'vette is just too confined for this thing, with the helmet side supports and shoulder supports, etc. Not knowing your dimensions, the driver of the GT car is about 5'11" at about 190 lbs.
If your interested, let me know and I'll get you in touch with the car builder.

Mike

<small>[ April 08, 2003, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: 99HOSS ]</small>
Old 04-08-2003, 11:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by trackbird:
<strong> I have had 2 friends use them in project cars. One is an autocross (American sedan preped, but still EFI 92 Mustang LX) Mustang (can I say that word on here?) and the seat worked great (solid, supportive and fairly comfortable), he just switched to sparco seats (looking at the cannonball one lap and wanted a little more comfort) in that car. The other is a 1972 Mustang Mach One American Iron car and that seat is far better than anything else that has been in that car (in all of it's years of racing). I think the Butler is still in my friends basement....Not sure how big you are and if he is selling it or not (my friend is 5'9" and 155 lbs...). </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Trackbrid,
I sent you a PM, I would like to see that seat.

99HOSS,
I dont think that your friends seat would work well for me. His and my physical dimensions are to far different. Thanks for letting me know about it though.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

I sent you mail. I'll double check with him and see if he has decided to part with it or not and forward pics as soon as I get some taken.

Kevin
Old 04-26-2003, 11:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nata...

Sorry, I dropped the ball and almost forgot about you. He is going to hold onto the Butler seat for now...at least until we get the other projects finished on that car and he gets a chance to drive it in the sparco seats. I'll let you know if something changes....sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Kevin

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone using the Butler Built road race seat?