Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Suspension Technics Setup..

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 09:43 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Suspension Technics Setup..

Is anyone using the 35mm front and 25mm rear? If so is it too much for a 275 fronts and 315's rear..?
Old 05-28-2003, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Suspension Technics Setup..

I would think that the 25mm rear would be too much for most applications. Just get the 35mm front and try it with the stock 19mm rear. If you like it-great, you just saved some money. If you still want to experiment, pick up a 21mm rear. The 21mm should be the most you would ever need.

Most folks that run a 35mm front use a 19mm rear especially in AutoX. Some that do some open track stuff need a smidge more rear bar-hence the 21mm.

I know you are thinking that to increase the front that much while staying with the 19mm rear would produce bad understeer. It really doesn't. My car has a smidge of understeer in the fast sweepers, most of the understeer is brought about by me and my driving experience{not much in the fast stuff}. I will try a 21mm rear to see if it helps.

Try talking with Sam Strano, tell him what you are looking for. There are two different thoughts on handling with these cars for the most part. Somewhat soft springs and large swaybars or stiffer springs and smaller bars. Both ways seem to work. I can tell you that I am happy with Eibach Pro springs, a 35mm front bar and Bilstien HD dampers. I also have Global West sperical ended LCAs {stay away from those, try a set of LGs with rod ends} and a aluminium panhard bar with rod ends. Like I said, I will try a 21mm rear just to try{hey, they are cheap!}.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:47 PM
Shorty Director

Sam suggested the same as you..
Old 09-07-2003, 03:33 PM
Shorty Director

Did you ever try the 21mm bar? I am putting the 35mm bar finally this coming weekend, but I will not see any track use for a while..
Old 09-10-2003, 01:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 35mm bar on the front and the stocker in the rear. I now wish that I would have only ordered the front and not both. The 35 up front and stock in the rear has worked out GREAT so far. Anyone interested in a 25mm rear bar?
Old 09-12-2003, 06:46 PM
Shorty Director

NataSS do you autox or road race? I might be interested in your 25mm bar..

Quick Reply: Suspension Technics Setup..