Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

chroniclezO6 busted scamming

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chroniclezO6 busted scamming

I caught this guy trying to sell me a used procharger with pictures off of another site from three years ago. He proceeded to tell me the pictures were only a few weeks old. I want for one to know how he contacted me after he just signed up??? Seeing as how a account is supposed to be active longer than a few minutes to contact someone. Would any moderator care to chime in on that.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

He tried to get me on a set of wheels for 1200 he got aggravated when I wouldn't send him cash he gave me a number to contact him about them
Old 10-07-2014, 05:22 PM
FormerVendor

He emailed me just today with some pictures of a Lunati crankshaft and some arp bolts, after a Google image search they look like they've been taken from ford magazine engine build.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Contacted me trying to sell an intake and other parts. Cantaffordit contacted me and we had the same story with the guy. I am guessing he went through the willing to buy thread and contacted everyone that way. Can anyone investigate his account and find out who he is? Also I think he needs banned before someone falls for the scams.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

I would like to know how he was able to send us a message after just signing up.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just paypal'd this guy for a strange s60 that has pictures in a thread from 2008. This is why you don't buy car parts with the flu. I guess I'll just open a case with paypal.

I'll be uploading my text convo with the dude to this thread once I get the xml to cooperate.

Last edited by blackandgold; 11-09-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

The text convo is in plain text attached, open it with Notepad, I removed my personal information as well as the sellers, anything marked with an "out" is from me and anything marked "in" is from the seller. I've already escalated my dispute with paypal so we'll see how that goes. I doubt anyone will read the convo, but hopefully it will reinforce "if it sounds too good to be true". After speaking with my legal council I've pulled the text convo, until we see how paypal fields the issue.

Also the thread where he jacked the pictures from:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-...e-s60-etc.html

I guess I'll be waiting on a rear until my money clears back from paypal. bleh.

EDIT: Mr. chroniclez has informed me that he will be dragging out this process as long as possible. When I asked him to just send me a fresh picture of the rear (even the box if it's already packaged) and I would drop the dispute, he told me to F* off. I even explained that the dispute wasn't an issue until it was escalated to a claim...after the poor language, I did escalate it as I noted above.

Last edited by blackandgold; 11-09-2014 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

hope you didn't gift it with PayPal hope you get it all back or the S60...
Old 11-09-2014, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I almost gifted it, but no, so I should have the dollars back in a month or so. I'll just sit around until then to start looking for a rear again. As much as I hate them I guess this is why we pay the paypal fees.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:15 AM
TECH Regular

Sounds like Aaron bean to me
Old 11-11-2014, 02:29 PM
LS1Tech Staff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Can'taffordit
I want for one to know how he contacted me after he just signed up??? Seeing as how a account is supposed to be active longer than a few minutes to contact someone. Would any moderator care to chime in on that.
The 50 post/6 month classifieds access restriction does not apply to private messages, only to making posts in the actual classified sections.

I would suggest that anyone simply ignore PMs from a member who just signed up and is trying to immediately push items. This is a classic sign of scamming.

The member mentioned in this thread has been removed due to repeated reports of scamming.

Please review the Classifieds sticky linked below for further tips on Risk and Fraud:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...assifieds.html

Thanks,
-TECH Staff.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Webmaster@LS1Tech
The 50 post/6 month classifieds access restriction does not apply to private messages, only to making posts in the actual classified sections.

I would suggest that anyone simply ignore PMs from a member who just signed up and is trying to immediately push items. This is a classic sign of scamming.

The member mentioned in this thread has been removed due to repeated reports of scamming.

Please review the Classifieds sticky linked below for further tips on Risk and Fraud:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...assifieds.html

Thanks,
-TECH Staff.

Also, don't try to buy expensive car parts when you're all doped up on dayquil with a fever of 102. Glad to see the Mods are paying attention!
Old 11-13-2014, 09:21 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

This person has been banned... FYI
Old 11-19-2014, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
This person has been banned... FYI
Too bad he wasn't ******* shot in the head also!
Old 11-20-2014, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

My paypal dispute just closed so I'm good now, although the charge never actually showed on my credit card (I had informed them as well). This guy was a character, he actually used an ip based phone to send the texts and stuff. Took me a few extra minutes to get his carrier info and stuff. I've got an address I'm working on verifying but it looks like someone is getting 200 pizzas delivered.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

And are you footing the bill for 200 pizzas being delivered? I agree 100% the scumbag needs to be shot, but why involve other legitimate businesses to enact your revenge? Get off your butt and use your resources and go punch him in the face. Your plan of revenge puts you in almost the same category and mentality of the scumbag.

Quick Reply: chroniclezO6 busted scamming