Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2004 turbo/nitrous 4wd Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Default 2004 turbo/nitrous 4wd Silverado

Year: 2004
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Silverado 1500
Price: $22000
Mileage: 169000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): AZ
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

For sale is my 2004 Chevy Silverado. I bought this truck in December of 2012 and built it entirely myself into the machine that it is today. My goal was to make it brutal on the street, capable on the track, and simple/reliable enough for my grandmother to drive cross country. It has met all of my expectations.

[

Billings, Montana

Bozeman, Montana

Beaver, Utah

Flagstaff, Arizona

Tucson, Arizona

Specs:

2004 Silverado 4wd Z71, 169,XXX miles

Body/chassis
-Removed rear lift blocks
-2" Drop shackles
-Rancho shocks
-Turned down torsion bars (front end realigned for new ride height)
-12" limiting straps
-2008 Tahoe wheels
-Nitto 420s tires, 2000 miles
-Four Mickey Thompson ET street bias ply drag tires on stock 16" wheels, two passes on the set
-Hydroboost brake booster
-Detroit true trac in the rear
-3.73 gears
-Custom steel drive shafts front and rear
-Custom built aluminum coolant tank
-34" HD radiator, e-fan conversion

Engine: Automotive Engine Specialties 385ci, 9.0:1 CR (approximately 4000 miles)
-LY6 block
-Diamond -15cc pistons, 4.005" bore
-Callies rods
-Callies crankshaft, 3.825" stroke
-ARP fasteners
-317 heads, surfaced, fresh valve job
-LS9 head gaskets
-JFR/Isky 218 218 112lsa camshaft
-Edelbrock Pro flow XT intake
-Melling high volume oil pump

Transmission
-Ace Racing 4L80e
-Billet input shaft
-Billet intermediate shaft
-Billet forward hub
-Rollerized
-BW HE clutches
-Custom valve body calibration
-Stock rebuilt transfer case
-Yank SC3000 triple disc torque converter

Power adders
-KB Racing T4 stainless steel turbo kit
-Forced Inductions S484 turbo, billet 84mm compressor, 96mm turbine, 1.25AR
-4" straight through exhaust, magnaflow, all stainless
-3" aluminum charge piping
-Treadstone intercooler
-NX nitrous kit
-Shark nozzle
-10lb bottle w/ heater
-Trick performance stand alone nitrous fuel system w/ Walbro 255

Fuel system
-Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
-Dual walbro 450s, second is hobbs switch controlled
-All stainless braided line, -8 AN feed, -6 return
-FIC 114lb injectors
-AEM methanol injection
-Custom aluminum methanol tank
-2 15gph nozzles

Interior/gauges
-Autometer wideband, mounted in custom pod in airbag key switch pocket
-Autometer boost and fuel pressure gauges, mounted in custom pod in center overhead pocket
-E-boost street 40 boost controller mounted underneath radio (controller off=5psi, on is customizable in 2 settings between 5 and 40psi)
-Lingenfelter 2 step
-3 switches on lower dash: nitrous arm, bottle heater, and 2 step enable

That should be it for modifications, except for the wiring. This is where I took special care to make sure there were no rats nests and everything was well-organized. I started by acquiring an additional fuse box and drawing up a diagram so I could neatly package all of the extra electronics that are installed on this truck. The e-fan harness/relays, bottle heater, nitrous solenoids, secondary fuel pump, nitrous fuel pump, wideband, gauge lighting, gauge power, boost controller and 2 step are all fused and controlled from this additional fuse box. I will include a diagram of the additional wiring to aid in any problem diagnosis that may ever occur. I also included nitrous isolation circuitry that works in tandem with the 2 step to aid in track launches. The nitrous kit and 2 step are not allowed to be in simultaneous operation. With your foot on the brake (2 step and nitrous master switches on), the 2 step is enabled and nitrous is disabled. When you let off the brake, the 2 step releases and nitrous is enabled. This is basically to make the launches brutal with the turbo spooled on the 2 step and nitrous hitting immediately after you let off the brake.

I have tuned this truck from the ground up. Given the versatility of the fuel system, I will tune it for whatever combination of fuel a paying customer wishes. I've always run 50% e85 and 50% 91 octane for a number of reasons. Boost only on this fuel, I've fed it with 25psi and have had zero issues. In my dozens of hours of logs on this truck, the knock sensors have never picked up anything. If a customer wants 91 octane alone, 91+methanol, E85, E85+meth....I'll tune it for it. I've always run straight E85 in the nitrous fuel tank and don't pull timing for it (up to a 75 shot) and likewise have never seen any knock.

I added the methanol kit to the parts list, but I will say that as of now I have not finished installing the kit. I ordered the custom meth tank several months ago, but the guy who is building it dealt with the death of a family member, so I didn't really push him to build it too quickly. As far as I know it should be shipping out within a week or so. I will finish installing the meth tank later this month.

As for reliability, I've driven this truck as it sits across the United States twice. It gave me zero mechanical issues and had no parts failures either time. The only problems I've had with this truck is throwing the serpentine belt and chewing up a set of gears. The belt was my fault, as driving like an ******* on high boost tends to blow all 4 tires off fast enough that it smacks the limiter and throws the belt. The gears were OE and had seen 160k miles of abuse before I started hitting them with four digit power at 100mph, so they ended up getting a bit marred and have since been replaced with a new set. I've never been left on the side of the road and am certain it will never have any issues with a reasonable driver behind the wheel.

Performance wise, the truck has won its fair share of races against 10.0 cars and 10.0 bikes. I'm not really a car guy and am certainly not a track junkie, so I have little experience at a drag strip and the truck has even less time at the track with me behind the wheel. However, I do have a couple time slips. In Minot, ND on the Nitto street tires, leaving on 6psi and staying at 13psi until shifting to 2nd gear when I increased boost to 24psi, the truck went 6.87@107 with a 1.79 60'. I was promptly kicked off the track. In Phoenix, AZ on the ET streets, leaving at 7psi, the truck went 6.40@110 with a 1.52 60' on my first pass. I was again promptly kicked off the track. For this truck to be legal for regular track events, it will need to be caged. I have no doubts that this truck will drive cross country and then run mid 9s in the 1/4. It just needs a cage and a driver more competent than myself.

The truck looks good despite being 10 years old and having the miles that it has. As with almost any vehicle you buy used, it was obviously not treated perfectly by the previous owner. There are a couple small dents on the bottom panel of the doors. I've wanted to debadge and clean up the truck's appearance, but I'm certain the strips on the doors have prevented a fair amount of people in parking lots from opening their doors into the truck and causing dents and scratches. In the two years I've had the truck, I've put near 20,000 miles on it in modded form. It's no trailer/garage queen and I'm not opposed to driving it anywhere (including sandy washes playing around in 4-low and down iced-over highways during a snow storm), so it looks the part. Not helping my case is the fact that I'm not a big picture person, so I don't take pictures of it very often and when I do, they're cell phone quality. Take the pictures for what they're worth. I will try to get more pictures in better detail in the coming weeks.

I work up north and live in Montana, but previously I lived in Arizona. Right now, that is where I am keeping the truck. No need to drive it up to Montana on the icy roads if I don't have to. I will fly down to AZ and meet a serious buyer to see the truck off if necessary. I have around $35,000 'invested' in this build. With that said, and considering the fact that in this hobby you never get out what you put in, I am asking $27,000. I don't need to sell it. The truck is paid off with clean title in hand and is of no financial burden to me save for fuel and registration/insurance costs. So, my price has little room for negotiation. There will be no test drives of a vehicle like this, as you might expect. This truck can be dangerous to drive simply by stepping on the gas pedal. If you want to accept responsibility and take it for a test drive, you'll need to pay in full first. I will entertain partial trades for a stock untouched 2004-2007 Duramax truck.

Any questions, just reply to this thread, send me a PM, or text. (520)9045208

Last edited by smokeshow; 12-03-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

WOW! that is 1 seriously badass truck!
Old 12-02-2014, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

So I don't watch TV much and I guess I've forgotten about all the **** on the news about fast food workers going on strike because they want more money and people in general in this country wanting something for nothing. The same appears to hold true when you post a vehicle like this for sale on the performance trucks facebook sale page. Minimum wage idiots come out of the woodwork crying about the price because they either can't afford it, its built far better than the garbage they drive and can't reconcile the cost with their own hack jobs...or both. Since this is 'merica and market perception controls the price of something instead of its value, I'm going to have to drop the price. It is now $22,000.

Last edited by smokeshow; 12-12-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 27k does seem high compared to other trucks I have seen for sale but I understand how you have quite a bit more into it then that. I think 22k is more then fair for it.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by greedygenius
The 27k does seem high compared to other trucks I have seen for sale but I understand how you have quite a bit more into it then that. I think 22k is more then fair for it.
Yeah, little more. Not only that but I'd think that being able to drive a 1000hp truck from Canada to Mexico without issue might be a selling point, considering the number of hack jobs out there. Fast and reliable...not fast, reliable and cheap. Gotta pay to play.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Couple videos showing how it runs...

Last year with twin GT35r turbos

This bike/rider went 136mph in the 1/4..

Same race, passenger's video

Playing around with a 10 second DSM

Dig on the street speedo view

Few different engine/turbo combos through those videos, as you might notice by the lack of borg warner whistle in the 2wd/4wd highway hits. Right now it makes more power than it ever has.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Bumping this...definitely interested in trades. I need a diesel truck...Duramax, Cummins...let me know what you've got.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Deposit received...
Old 12-17-2014, 08:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i love that 2step video.... reason i want a truck like this is the 4wd
Old 12-18-2014, 09:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kmspeedie
i love that 2step video.... reason i want a truck like this is the 4wd
Yeah it's pretty upsetting to run on the street... Basically need a big tire car to run with it from a dig.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:32 PM
Teching In

still forsale or did the person with the deposit come through, i have an 06 cummins that i would be interested in trading. if youd like to talk, pm me.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's as good as sold. Just Sayin'
Old 12-20-2014, 12:42 AM
Teching In

well congrats to new owner and to op on sale. bad *** truck.

Quick Reply: 2004 turbo/nitrous 4wd Silverado