What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1995 DCM Chevrolet Impala SS

Old 11-21-2015, 03:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 DCM Chevrolet Impala SS

Looking to get a value on my Impala SS. So here she is: 80,XXX miles, dark cherry metallic, never driven in the winter. Just had new front rotors and pads done, full fluid flush, and alignment.

It does have a few small problems. There is a lower piece of trim missing on the passenger side along with the weatherstrip, although I do have a brand new OEM weatherstrip for it. The antenna doesn't go down, but that's pretty easily fixed and that's it.

I've been offered between 9-10K for it before, but never really thought about selling it until I started wondering what I wanted to do with it, and realized that a 1996 would suit my ideas better.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

If those were real offers I would contact them and get the cash. I doubt seriously anyone would pay more.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
If those were real offers I would contact them and get the cash. I doubt seriously anyone would pay more.
Agreed. Offers always seem to be made on our cars when we have no intention of selling them. As soon as we make a decision to sell and go back to those people, in 90% of the cases they no longer have any interest. My axiom is if you are considering selling a vehicle in the next 6-12 months that frequently appears in the market place....and a reasonable offer is sitting in front of your today....take it and don't look back.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:29 PM
Launching!

That's what I thought too, but I figured I'd ask someone other than myself what it's worth.. Thanks!
Old 11-24-2015, 07:34 PM
Launching!

Just got her sold for 10K, and the buyer is paying for shipping!
Old 11-24-2015, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ledzepp3
Just got her sold for 10K, and the buyer is paying for shipping!
Good deal. Just make sure all the i's are dotted and t's crossed on any documents. It's not unusual for long distance transactions to blow up or turn nasty over some disagreement, assumption, etc. On one of my 1,000 mile transactions the seller didn't even own the car, the bank did. And he had me send him the check. Those 4 weeks waiting for the bank to send me the title was like pins and needles. Verify, verify, verify. At least being the seller you hold the stronger hand. You don't have to ship until you have everything perfect.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Congratulations ledzepp3. I think you did very well, and during the holidays yet!!
Heed Firebrian's excellent advice above. Make sure the check, bank check, whatever it is, clears first. Also, when the transport comes, make sure the mileage is accurate and you sign the papers. Some horror stories out there if not a reputable carrier. You don't need the new owner to have 100 extra miles on the odometer and condoms in the back seat. It's happened.

Search this Thread