Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

'99 NBM Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 11:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '99 NBM Camaro SS

Year: 1999
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $6000
Mileage: 67000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MI
Color: Blue
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

For sale is my '99 NBM Camaro SS 6 speed with 67,xxx miles. I bought the car in May of 2011 with 51,xxx and put about 12k on it from 2011-2013. It has been driven very little over the last two years as my priorities have shifted to home improvement projects and the like. I apologize in advance for the novel that I'm about to type. I want to be as descriptive as possible for those who may be too far away to make a quick trip to Kalamazoo, MI to check out the car in person. Please ask questions and request pictures! I am sure that I've forgotten about some of the small stuff over the last four years, so I will continuously update as these things come back to me.

Body/Cosmetics:
I would give the car's appearance a 7/10, but I'm also picky and a 10/10 to me is showroom condition. It has the expected stone chips from highway driving. There are a couple of minor cracks in the paint on the spoiler where I assume the assembly is screwed together. There is a 1" narrow scrape on the edge of the hood scoop where a chunk of 2x4 landed after being kicked up by a semi. The hood is not cracked and it looks like the spot could easily be covered up with touch-up. As a result of the incident mentioned above, the windshield and the hard top were damaged. The hard top was already in awful shape due to the 98-02 blistering paint/adhesive defect, so I chose not to repair it. I instead started the t-top conversion in the summer of 2012. I would say that its 95% complete. I just installed new door/t-top seals this summer (the used seals that came with the T-tops were toast). The windshield was replaced with the proper t-top seal. The rear section of the roof is off of a real t-top car, not a hack job. It is a temporary and also has the blistering paint/adhesive issue. I have a rear top section off of a 94-97 t-top car that will be included in the sale. It will need to be sanded/painted. The interior pieces (including the headliner) have been converted. The sheet metal under the T-tops is currently painted flat black. These cars usually have this area painted the same color as the car. A nice can of color-matched paint would do the trick. I used minimal caulking when installing these new seals to make the process of prepping this area for paint as easy as possible for the next owner. The SS wheels are in good shape, but could use a good polish job and a fresh set of lug nuts. The interior charcoal with cloth seats. No rips/tears or stains. Windows are tinted.

DRIVETRAIN:

Engine: [/B]
Stock LS1 with a few dealer upgrades. The car has the SLP LS6 intake that keeps EGR, SLP lid and has a Hot Cam. I was told that these were dealer installed when the car was new and was given all of the "new car" paperwork that had been passed on by the original owner. I have moved a few times since purchasing the car and am currently trying to locate this paperwork to pass on to the next owner. The car also has Siemens Deka 60lb injectors, a wideband and a fuel pressure gauge (gauges are mounted on the driver's side pillar). I purchased a used EFI Live V1 unit to fine tune the injectors and fix some low rpm drivability issues with the cam. The injectors are dialed in (found the correct injector data!) and the car cruises around town in gear with very little bucking/surging. The car still needs to be tuned in the upper RPM range. I refused to pay a tuner to dyno tune the top end until I was able to install a set of long tubes. This car did not see 6k rpm during the time that I have owned it. I set the rev limiter to 6k to prevent possibly damaging the motor on an incomplete tune (it looked nearly stock with a timing bump across the band when I first began working on it...). The car still has stock manifolds. The EFI Live unit will be sold with the car. I also have an E-85 tune that I will pass on to the next owner if interested.

Transmission:
Stock T-56. It will occasionally kick out of 3rd gear (when attempting to shift from 2nd) under normal driving conditions. It seems to happen more often under heavy acceleration. Maybe 1/20 shifts if I had to put a number to it, but its never consistent. I could go a week or two without it happening when it was my daily summer driver, but then out of nowhere have it happen twice in 1 day.

Rear End
The original rear had been upgraded to a 3.73 ratio, but soon after I purchased the car it began to make some odd noises and leaking fluid. Rather than waste any money on repairing a 7.5 10 bolt, I found a stocker from a '98 automatic for cheap. It was a lower-mileage unit (or so I was told) and it has done the job quietly for the last couple of years. It does have 3.23 gears. It cruises @ 70 @ just under 2k rpm in 5th and @ 85 @ 1700 rpm in 6th. It averages between 26-28 mpg cruising on the highway with both gear/speed combos. This spring I noticed a small amount of gear oil on my garage floor. Upon further inspection, it appears that there is a very slow leak at the pinion seal. Rather than attempt to replace the seal and possibly mess up the sleeve, I've elected to just top off the fluid every so often before driving it. I can't give an exact rate of the leak because I barely drive the car, but it is very slow, even after/during driving. Easy fix for someone who is confident setting up rear ends, or a great excuse to upgrade.

Suspension:
When I purchased the car, it already had SLP sub frame connectors and a SLP shock tower brace. I installed a set of Strano springs and Koni yellows. Also replaced were the rear control arms with tubular BMRs (rubber bushings.) The front lower and upper control arm bushings are poly. I have a set of Moog rubber bushings for the front lower control arms that will be included with the car. The upper and lower ball joints + inner and outer tie rods are Moog also. All parts mentioned about have about 13k on them. Tires have about 8k on them.
Attached Thumbnails '99 NBM Camaro SS-camaro-fr2.jpg   '99 NBM Camaro SS-camaro-hood.jpg   '99 NBM Camaro SS-camaro-rl.jpg   '99 NBM Camaro SS-camaro-ttops.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mov
camaro.MOV (2.33 MB, 263 views)

Last edited by ajseburg; 03-30-2016 at 11:53 AM. Reason: updated price
Old 09-19-2015, 07:10 AM
Teching In

t t t
Old 09-22-2015, 03:38 PM
Teching In

price reduced
Old 10-01-2015, 03:27 PM
Teching In

t t t
Old 10-21-2015, 08:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Cant believe this hasnt sold. Free bump for ya
Old 10-21-2015, 08:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is STEAL
Old 10-24-2015, 07:32 AM
Teching In

t t t
Old 10-26-2015, 08:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

If only you were in TX!!!!
Old 10-28-2015, 12:05 PM
Teching In

t t t! Someone buy my car! I'm driving it daily until it sells or the snow starts to fall. Currently at 67,xxx miles and running great.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:50 AM
Staging Lane

Where at in Michigan?
Old 10-29-2015, 04:11 PM
Staging Lane

if only you were closer. Free bump. GLWS.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:07 PM
Teching In

bump it up. car will be for sale for another week or so.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Do I need to raise the price to generate some interest? LOL! Car is for sale through 11/22, at that point it will be stored for the winter.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If I wouldn't of bought my car I'd be coming to get it this weekend. Crazy it's not gone with the low miles on it.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Pending
Old 11-23-2015, 05:51 PM
Teching In

still for sale
Old 11-24-2015, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Default great price

Bump for cool car at a great price
Old 11-25-2015, 07:32 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm sent
Old 11-30-2015, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Still for sale?
Old 02-25-2016, 06:50 PM
Teching In

Bump this back up... It's almost Spring and the car is still for sale.

Quick Reply: '99 NBM Camaro SS