Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1993 FD Mazda RX-7 w/ LS1 - T-56 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 FD Mazda RX-7 w/ LS1 - T-56 6 speed

Year: 1993
Make: Mazda
Model: RX-7
Price: $17000
Mileage: 65000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): KS
Color: Gray
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Asking/Offering Price: $17,000 obo
Email Address/Phone Number (optional): ajspayd@yahoo.com
Name: Aj
Item Description: 1993 Mazda RX7 with ls1/t56 Swap
Pics: See Below

Year: 1993
Make: Mazda
Model: RX7
Mileage: 65k miles motor/tranny 167k chassis
Title Status: Rebuilt/Title in hand
Transmission: 6 Speed/T56
Drivetrain: LS1

***Posting this for a friend. Please contact him at ajspayd@yahoo.com***

After 4 years and a recent marriage my hobby for cars has slowly fell to the back burner. My wife and I have so many new hobbies together that I just don't have time to continue efforts on this car. I bought this car 4 years ago as a hollow shell. For the first 2.5 years of owning this car it was constant progress getting this beautiful 93 RX7 what it is today. This car deserves to be driven and treated better! As of lately it has mainly been collecting dust in my garage. As you can see in the pictures the exterior of the car is just astounding with very little imperfections. The interior is 90 percent complete, just missing a few pieces to complete the puzzle. None the less, this is a very beautiful and fun car to drive. I did not set this car up for straight track, I used it for autocross. Beside the dash which is in mint condition, all other interior parts are from a 94 RX7. So it does have the embossed finished interior. The engine is out of a Camaro along with the transmission. It was said to have 57k miles on the set. Since then I have put on 8k miles. The engine does smoke a little if you are in the higher RPMS for too long. However I have never been afraid to stray too far away from home with the worry of breaking down. I had always planned on rebuilding the engine, but shortly after starting competitions I realized the car had plenty of power for the use in which I was using it. Ultimately that led me to my decision to put it on the back burner for other performance and interior parts. All excess connectors have been trimmed from both harnesses for a clean look under the hood. The color of the car is Grigio Silverstone off of the Ferrari F430. All the parts that I have put on this car are of the best quality and performance. The conversion kit was made by Hinson Super Cars and all exhaust was made by Stainless Works. All aftermarket exterior cosmetics where made by Shine Auto Project. The Wheels are Advan RS (More Details on everything is below). This car DOES have power steering, and DOES NOT have AC. Originally I opted out of the AC so I could turbo the car later down the road. The power steering has a very small leak coming off of the rack, however I have not had time to take it off the car and fix the leak. Another little thing that I just haven't had the time to fix is the mirror on the driver side managed to vibrate itself loose and break. Feel free to email for phone number for serious inquires and any questions you may have in regards to the car. $17,000 Open to trades as long as there's lots of cash on your end

Stereo:
• Pioneer - AVIC-X930BT "Does connect up to I-phone 4's. needs new connector for any later models"
• JL Audio 10" dub-0
• Alpine Amp.
• Kicker KS68 rear speakers
• MTX Audio TN653 Front speakers

Engine and transmission:
• 2000 LS1 and transmission out of Camaro "said to have 57K miles at the time of purchase"

Exhaust:
• Stainless Works LS1 V8 Long Tube Headers 1.875"
• Stainless Works 3.5" Y-Pipe
• Stainless Works 3.5" exhaust
• Apexi N1 Muffler
Suspension
• Cusco Front and Rear Sway Bars
• Megan Racing 32 Way adjustable coil overs.

Hinson FD Conversion parts:

Mounting Equipment
• Subframe
• Bumpsteer Kit
• Transmission Brace
• Torque Arm
• Steel Driveshaft
Cooling System
• Radiator
• Twin Fan
• Hoses/Clamps
• Upper Shroud
• Steam Tube
• Vibration Dampeners
Fuel System
• Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
• Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
• Fuel Filter
• Preassembled Stainless Steel Braided Fuel Lines
• AN Fittings & Adapters
• Fuel Rail Connector
Clutch Hydraulics
• Wilwood 7/8" Modified Master Cylinder
• Stainless Steel Braided Modified Clutch Line
• Firewall Adapter
• Banjo Fitting & Bolt
Electronics
• Modified Harness
• Modified PCM
• Speedometer Correction
• Battery Relocation Kit
Power Steering
• Power steering Pressure adjustment
• Power steering stainless braided lines
• Power Steering Connectors

Aftermarket headlights
Feed Fog light Conversion kit modified with high/low beam Projector headlights. Still has fog lights. Uses LED turn signals and LED daytime running lights. You no longer use the pop up head lights on this car.

Last edited by sum12nv; 09-29-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:43 AM
TECH Resident

Don't want a built Turbo Camaro do you? Glws!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:17 AM
Teching In

How much cash on top of a 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd. Black. 48k miles. Mint condition. ?
Old 07-30-2014, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Guy's I'm responding for my friend (the owner) Please contact him at the above email I've listed in the 1st post if you have more questions

Originally Posted by oChristiano
Don't want a built Turbo Camaro do you? Glws!
No he is not interesting. Thank you anyways

Originally Posted by MAINESUPRA
How much cash on top of a 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd. Black. 48k miles. Mint condition. ?
What do you value your car at or what are you offering plus cash? He's not really looking for a fbody but will entertain offers
Old 07-30-2014, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

Maybe you should buy it Jason
Old 07-30-2014, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bizkit642
Maybe you should buy it Jason

It's a nice car. Just not for me
Old 07-30-2014, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

I love that headlight conversion
Old 07-31-2014, 12:47 AM
Launching!

Good looking car GLWS
Old 08-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Teching In

To the top
Old 08-07-2014, 05:11 PM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like this car a lot but 19k for a rebuilt/NA RX seems overpriced. My guess is It sits in the classified until he gets realistic about the price.

15k sounds like a better starting point but hey that's just my opinion.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:23 AM
Launching!

I am not trolling as it is a nice car but OSCS is right. I just cant imagine a branded title rx7 going for 19k no matter how nice it is. Good Luck with the sale though as it really is a nice car
Old 08-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Ones with clean titles go for $15k.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Any info on why the title is rebuilt? Or if you post a VIN I can look for myself. Is it a stock suspension with 167k? Any proof/paperwork on the engine/trans mileage?

How old is the paint and who painted it? Sharp RX, have always wanted a swapped one.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by krellio23
Any info on why the title is rebuilt? Or if you post a VIN I can look for myself. Is it a stock suspension with 167k? Any proof/paperwork on the engine/trans mileage?

How old is the paint and who painted it? Sharp RX, have always wanted a swapped one.
Contact the email listed in the first post and the owner can answer all of your questions
Old 09-29-2014, 12:38 PM
Teching In

TTT Price drop $17,000
Old 09-30-2014, 06:46 AM

Nasty car! Glws
Old 11-19-2014, 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

Default Beware

I flew from Richmond VA to buy it this week for agreed upon price of $14800
Had a $500 deposit on it because I had to buy plane tickets.
Got stood up at airport after being told he would pick me up. Picked up a rental car because he wouldn't get me.
Got there and immediately realized it was
Built poorly. Stuff like, Zip ties holding fuel line up, wires on exhaust manifold, hood popping up every time he hit the gas, tires shot (at safety nubs) disc brake with huge grooves in them, aftermarket seats trashed, smelled like a smoker's lung in cabin, rear bumper needs repainted, passenger door doesn't open, rear end and suspension trashed needed all new bushing, motor smoked, power steering leaked, oil all over passenger TB and p-side head. The build has no attention to detail and every piece in interior needs replacing. Everything inside car was squeaking and rattling. E brake light wont go off. decided it was better to
Drive a Nissan Versa rental car all way home and throw away $1500 and a few days work than try driving it back home and getting stuck out in the cold on the interstate somewhere. There were some things that I knew beforehand, but there were things all over the car everywhere that I wasn't told about. I could keep the list going but what's the point. All in all, I asked for only half my deposit back, he refused so I didn't waste time fighting.
Lesson learned.
So....all in all I highly recommend the car and seller. Stand up guy.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chucklee
I flew from Richmond VA to buy it this week for agreed upon price of $14800
Had a $500 deposit on it because I had to buy plane tickets.
Got stood up at airport after being told he would pick me up. Picked up a rental car because he wouldn't get me.
Got there and immediately realized it was
Built poorly. Stuff like, Zip ties holding fuel line up, wires on exhaust manifold, hood popping up every time he hit the gas, tires shot (at safety nubs) disc brake with huge grooves in them, aftermarket seats trashed, smelled like a smoker's lung in cabin, rear bumper needs repainted, passenger door doesn't open, rear end and suspension trashed needed all new bushing, motor smoked, power steering leaked, oil all over passenger TB and p-side head. The build has no attention to detail and every piece in interior needs replacing. Everything inside car was squeaking and rattling. E brake light wont go off. decided it was better to
Drive a Nissan Versa rental car all way home and throw away $1500 and a few days work than try driving it back home and getting stuck out in the cold on the interstate somewhere. There were some things that I knew beforehand, but there were things all over the car everywhere that I wasn't told about. I could keep the list going but what's the point. All in all, I asked for only half my deposit back, he refused so I didn't waste time fighting.
Lesson learned.
So....all in all I highly recommend the car and seller. Stand up guy.
That's why I love blunt no BS members like you!
Good looking out Chucklee! I was def looking at this car.
This is why"posting for a friend" for sale threads are so shady and need to be deleted.

OP you willing to take some bad trader ratings for your shady"friend"????
Why would you jeopardize your reputation here by being associated with such a douchebag seller?

The car's condition is one thing, but to stand someone up at the airport and not return thier deposit is below slimey.

Last edited by kevamg; 11-20-2014 at 12:12 AM.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:37 AM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chucklee
I flew from Richmond VA to buy it this week for agreed upon price of $14800 Had a $500 deposit on it because I had to buy plane tickets. Got stood up at airport after being told he would pick me up. Picked up a rental car because he wouldn't get me. Got there and immediately realized it was Built poorly. Stuff like, Zip ties holding fuel line up, wires on exhaust manifold, hood popping up every time he hit the gas, tires shot (at safety nubs) disc brake with huge grooves in them, aftermarket seats trashed, smelled like a smoker's lung in cabin, rear bumper needs repainted, passenger door doesn't open, rear end and suspension trashed needed all new bushing, motor smoked, power steering leaked, oil all over passenger TB and p-side head. The build has no attention to detail and every piece in interior needs replacing. Everything inside car was squeaking and rattling. E brake light wont go off. decided it was better to Drive a Nissan Versa rental car all way home and throw away $1500 and a few days work than try driving it back home and getting stuck out in the cold on the interstate somewhere. There were some things that I knew beforehand, but there were things all over the car everywhere that I wasn't told about. I could keep the list going but what's the point. All in all, I asked for only half my deposit back, he refused so I didn't waste time fighting. Lesson learned. So....all in all I highly recommend the car and seller. Stand up guy.

My opinion it's your own fault. I can't believe you where stupid enough to agree on spending 15K on a REBUILT titled swapped car.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:24 AM
Launching!

OSCS i think thats kind of a low blow man. Now I definitely agree 15k on rebuilt car to me is just plain bonkers. Not to mention this is your quote "15k sounds like a better starting point but hey that's just my opinion." That however is not the point here. The real issue is how slimey the OP was in tricking Chucklee into thinking that everything with the car was good to go when in reality it was a POS. This is without a doubt on the OP/Seller.

Quick Reply: 1993 FD Mazda RX-7 w/ LS1 - T-56 6 speed