Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Sold on Auction *MINT* 99 Z-28 LS-6 Garaged 6sp One-of-a-Kind FS/FT lowered price

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 06:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold on Auction *MINT* 99 Z-28 LS-6 Garaged 6sp One-of-a-Kind FS/FT lowered price

Year: 1999
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $13495
Mileage: 43000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): AL
Color: White
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

1999 Camaro Z28 – RS 6- Speed Excellent – One of a Kind Garaged – Old Guy owned and Babied - $13,499

Going to E-bay soon if no acceptable offers- -Look at Trade Options below

_-- A 4th Gen AS NICE AS YOU WILL FIND ANYWHERE --

Garage Kept - Climate control -

*New LS6/Z06 motor – 1500 miles
*New LS7 Clutch and Pressure plate – Hurst Shifter
*New Interior
*New suspension
*New Audio System with Tube U.S. Amps
*New Tires and Wheels
*New Paint on all RS Ground parts, bumpers
*New Graphics Hood Paint – Custom LSx logo
*Mecham Z-29 Heat Extrator Hood
*New - as in work done within the last 1500 miles

43000 miles, White Exterior, Black Leather Interior.

One-Of-A-Kind Camaro Z-28
Loaded with factory installed RS ground effects. Almost every aspect of this car is better than when it came off the assembly line. The car is all power (windows, locks, steering, brakes…) It also has T-TOPs that you can see in the pictures. Over $20,000 invested in this car with the best of components. I believe I am the 3rd owner. I'm 57 years old. The car is located in Huntsville, Alabama. I bought this car in July 2011 and over the course of next 2 years, I basically stripped the interior and removed all the molding and bumpers to make it what you see today. The previous owner had done most of the mechanicals. My hobby is restoring old Muscle cars and been doing that for 30 years and in the past 5 years started playing with some of the more modern Muscle cars. I‘m a bit “OCD” and suffer from a few other **** attributes which pushes me to perfection.

HISTORY: The car came out of Arizona and I bought it from another older gentleman who like me is a kid at heart when it comes to American Muscle Cars. He was a Gm rep. So he was able to get the new motor and parts needed for the LS6 conversion. Car has not been driven in rain in the past 10 years. He garaged the car and so do I. I have driven the car ~1000 miles in 3 years primarily to car shows and few really nice days and it’s been in my heated/cooled showroom. The previous owner was going to build the car into a drag car and the shop where he left it for his LS1 motor and turbo to be built and installed went out of business, and the car was sitting for while with no motor. When he was able to get his car, his motor, turbo and many other components were missing, thus he started the LS6 conversion starting with all new short block, heads and intake.

Exterior (9/10):
- White – awesome gloss overall in excellent shape see pics
- All RS Ground Affects taken off car and painted (including front and rear bumper)
- Mecham Z-29 hood, new paint and custom designed graphics
- T-TOPS
- RS Ground effects w/SLP lower rear split panel
- Custom SLP Center exhaust
- “0” rock chips on the front or hood
- Rear tail panel removed and painted Satin Black with chrome/black inserts
- Roof/Sail Panel has the usual glue bleed through that all 4th Gens suffer from
o Needs to be removed and redone
- I have no records for any other paint/body work, but the body shop that painted the modeling and hood told me they believe the car was totally repainted or re-cleared sometime in the past. Not surprising considering the clear coat issues GM had on these cars.
- No rust anywhere, spotless fender wells, suspension and underside - all excellent (cosmetically and functionally)

INTERIOR (10/10):
- MINT Overall – Smells like new, because it basically is. Rear seats and passenger front look like they have never been sat in. Driver’s seat like new with no wear marks
- Trans Am seats 4th Gen –The seats were taken from a ‘02 T/A back when it was new and stored in a climate controlled area. These seats have the air lumbar and side supports and I installed the proper cross-over tubing and power so both driver and passenger seats have full working controls.
- Black plastic panels… The original car came with the grey interior through-out. Over a period of 2 years I found all the black components. Took a while because they had to be perfect
- NOS Black Door panels
- New Carpet - Black with butyl backing for additional sound proofing
- Dynamat throughout the flooring
- Ultra High-end stereo – Pioneer head unit, 2 U.S. Tube Amps (1 class “A” hybrid tube), CDT Speaker components with custom tuned StageFront & crossovers and 10” sub
- Power window, locks, steering, a/c and fully functional instruments

MECHANICS (10/10):
- LS6 Motor with about 1500 miles
- New Electronics
- Carbon Fiber Ram Air Intake
- Stainless Steel Headers (still look new)
- Full Stainless Dual Exhaust with custom Mandrel Bend exhaust
- Borla XR-1 mufflers in the rear side panels like a Corvette
- Center Exhaust exit (sounds great, no drone or resonating)
- New Heater Core
- New radiator
- Alumin. Differential Cover
- Frame cross connects
- 2” lowered
- New KYB adjustable shocks and struts
- Ruff Racing 278 Wheels
- Rear tires - Michelin Pilot and Front tires - Yokahoma S-Drive
- Balanced Drive shaft
- Adjustable Pan Hard bar

Title - Clean In Hand

Trade - I will consider trades + cash. Interests are 1st/2nd/3rd Gen Firebirds/Camaros. I would also consider a car needing work, but valued appropriately compared to this one which is completely rebuilt. I also need a set of wheesl/tires for my daughters 4th gen which I will allow for part trade.

Final note… I can be reached at 256-714-6819. No time for just tire kickers. I DO NOT need/want help to sell it. Only serious inquires. I will be glad to take you for a drive or show the car anytime as long as it’s daylight and no chance of rain. The car is about as close to new as a 4th Gen can be and I can't give it away. The reason I am selling - I’ve done all I want to do to the car and enjoyed it and it’s time to move on to another project.
Attached Thumbnails Sold on Auction   *MINT* 99 Z-28 LS-6 Garaged 6sp One-of-a-Kind FS/FT lowered price-p1010057.jpg   Sold on Auction   *MINT* 99 Z-28 LS-6 Garaged 6sp One-of-a-Kind FS/FT lowered price-p1010043.jpg   Sold on Auction   *MINT* 99 Z-28 LS-6 Garaged 6sp One-of-a-Kind FS/FT lowered price-p1010048.jpg   Sold on Auction   *MINT* 99 Z-28 LS-6 Garaged 6sp One-of-a-Kind FS/FT lowered price-p1010062.jpg   Sold on Auction   *MINT* 99 Z-28 LS-6 Garaged 6sp One-of-a-Kind FS/FT lowered price-p1010051.jpg  

Sold on Auction   *MINT* 99 Z-28 LS-6 Garaged 6sp One-of-a-Kind FS/FT lowered price-p1010075.jpg   Sold on Auction   *MINT* 99 Z-28 LS-6 Garaged 6sp One-of-a-Kind FS/FT lowered price-p1010069.jpg   Sold on Auction   *MINT* 99 Z-28 LS-6 Garaged 6sp One-of-a-Kind FS/FT lowered price-p1010071.jpg   Sold on Auction   *MINT* 99 Z-28 LS-6 Garaged 6sp One-of-a-Kind FS/FT lowered price-p1010076.jpg   Sold on Auction   *MINT* 99 Z-28 LS-6 Garaged 6sp One-of-a-Kind FS/FT lowered price-p1010063.jpg  

Last edited by REBS-TA; 09-29-2014 at 01:49 AM. Reason: sold
Old 09-19-2014, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Bump for the weekend and price lowered.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HOLY COW!!! that is a dream F-body. free bump.
beautiful car.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:54 AM
Teching In

Thanks JDEP for the compliment and bump. Hoping someone comes along soon who knows the value they would be getting in this car and how easy it could be to take this to whatever level of performance they want or keep just as it, which is a great street car.

REB
Old 09-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Teching In

bump for final day before going to e-bay
Old 09-25-2014, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

take those god awful ground effects off (((( then itd be so beautiful..overall a baddass car
Old 09-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Teching In

Holy sex on wheels batman!
Old 09-28-2014, 04:41 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the compliments... Car is on auction block...
Old 09-28-2014, 06:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

great looking Z
Old 09-29-2014, 01:51 AM
Teching In

Thanks MAD Mike
Car sold in 3 days on evil-bay for asking price... had several folks wanting to buy, maybe I had it listed at too low of a price or maybe just right..
Old 09-30-2014, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by REBS-TA
Thanks MAD Mike
Car sold in 3 days on evil-bay for asking price... had several folks wanting to buy, maybe I had it listed at too low of a price or maybe just right..
You ca call it Evil Bay if you want...but it worked didn't it?

Quick Reply: Sold on Auction *MINT* 99 Z-28 LS-6 Garaged 6sp One-of-a-Kind FS/FT lowered price