Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

MBM 1999 Firebird

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MBM 1999 Firebird

Year: 1999
Make: Pontiac
Model: Firebird
Price: $1700
Mileage: 136000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MI
Color: Blue
Transmission: Automatic

1999 Medium Blue Metallic Firebird L36

This is a one year only color called Medium Blue Metallic. I bought the car recently and my Fiancée decided it would not live in the garage and the color is too nice to leave outside. So I have it up for sale.

Outside: The outside of the car is starting to show its age with almost 137k miles on it. The paint is super gloss on all major panels except the hood and inside of wheel wells. The hood seems to be faded from the sun as if the car sat outside for some time. I tried to buff it out but cannot get it 100%. The wheel wells have typical paint chips from rocks and some surface rust. The front bumper is starting to have the clear coat come off in a few places. The windshield is also scratched slightly from the wipers wearing it away. The rest of the paint, windows, and cosmetics look good. I worked the tail lights to look almost new.

The wheels are from my 2001 Firehawk because my original thought was to make a v6 version that would look exactly like a Firehawk only would get great gas mileage and have low insurance. The wheels have some pitting and need to be redone. The tires are also bald in the rear.

Inside: the inside color is grey and it really looks nice with the blue exterior. The door panels are not cracked like most others, the dashboard is in great shape and all the vents look good and are not broken. The headliner near the t-top is ripped from the sun beating down on it, the seats are in good shape with no Rips or major stains. The carpet is also not ripped, just a little dirty. I also (as part of my Firehawk goal) have included the original Firehawk floor mats. They are in Fair condition with a small hole where the heel would rest on the drivers side.

The CD player is aftmarket and works ok. The car was not factory equipped with a monsoon stereo. The car does have a broken ashtray lid and console lid.

Mechanicals: The car starts, runs, and drives. The motor was rebuilt under 100 miles ago by the previous owner. He did not know what he was doing. I believe he did not seat the intake gasket correctly and now the head gasket is blown. The car has oil in the coolant. I went around the block once in it when I purchased it and have only start it to go in and out of the garage. The trans shifted well and it seemed to stop well. The motor rally needs an LS swap or rebuild.

A few factory highlights:
G20 medium blue metallic paint
Y87 performance package. Like a V8 car without 2 cylinders
3:42 rear gears
Posi-rear end
Rest of the car was typical

That should answer a lot of questions. I have it priced low to sell fast. I cannot find any history where an MbM Firebird was sold so I am actually not sure where to price it. Not looking to trade.

Car is located north of Grand Rapids Michigan.

I figure the car is worth ? the wheels, $350, and the floor mats $50 for a grand total of $1,700
Attached Thumbnails MBM 1999 Firebird-img_0189.jpg   MBM 1999 Firebird-img_0190.jpg   MBM 1999 Firebird-img_0191.jpg   MBM 1999 Firebird-img_0192.jpg   MBM 1999 Firebird-img_0193.jpg  

Last edited by transdamn; 03-05-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Pm sent
Old 02-06-2017, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Still for sale. Thought it would have been gone by now.

PM returned.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:38 PM
Teching In

It is getting warmer. You could LS swap this thing by spring.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Car is really attractive. I hope someone buys it and swaps it.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Price drop $1,700
Old 09-06-2017, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

Pm sent

Quick Reply: MBM 1999 Firebird