Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 04:07 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6

Year: 2002
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $17900
Mileage: 42000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IL
Color: Silver
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Stock! Clean! 2002 Silver Metallic Trans Am WS6

Well damn, only a couple months til the nice warm sunny weather - but recently my wife started pushing me (quite hard) to look into selling "my baby"...

What I Am Looking To Sell

- 2002 Silver Metallic Trans Am WS6 (stock!!)
- Only 42,000 miles
- 5.7L LS1 V8 w/ Ram Air - 325hp / 345lb-ft torque -
- 0 - 60 = 5 sec. Qtr Mile = 13 sec. Top Speed = 160 (approximates)
- Traction Control System
- Ebony (black) Interior w/ Power Leather Seats (excellent shape!)
- T-Tops (lockable)
- 6-Speed Manual (Hurst Shifter)
- Skip-Shift Eliminator!
- 17 x 9 High-Polished Aluminum WS6 Wheels (all "WS-6" center caps good)
- 275/40ZR17 Hankook Tires (maybe 10k on them)
- 'Ultra Premium' Rotors and Ceramic Pads All Around (maybe 5k ago)
- Monsoon: CD, 7-Band EQ, 10 Speakers, 500 Watt, Steering Wheel Controls
- Tinted Windows As Dark As T-Tops! (including windshield down to mirror)
- SLP Exhaust (the only 'mod') Sounds way too good to take off!
- Always Garaged (with a cover)
- Never driven in snow, ice, winter (only in the rain if I got 'caught' in it)

Little Info/Background/Details

I have had 3 F-bodies in my life and this one is by far the nicest, most loaded, sexiest and meanest (at the same time), and cleanest one I have had the pleasure of owning! It has been stored all winter so in an attempt to get the best offer possible... I will be getting a full tune-up including ALL fluids, filters, flushes/fills, everything! Everything will be looked at!! I'll be getting it fully detailed including clay bar and 2-3 coats of wax. Because of my familiarity with these cars, I have ordered and will be changing both window motors and regulators, as well as ordering aluminum gears for both headlight motors, and just a little while ago I replaced both sail-panel speakers (with brand new OE). From experience and in my humblest opinion -- those are some of the most 'annoying' things/fixes/little nuances with these cars! Oh, and yes of course, I always have a package of daytime running bulbs that I will throw in! HA HA!! Another thing I know from experience is how the brakes just never seem to be strong enough, even brand new from the factory... last summer I installed 'ultra premium' rotors and ceramic pads all around (and they do make a little bit of a difference!), also put in a new Optima Red Top battery, and all the wheels were balanced and had a front end alignment done. Also last summer I thought the clutch pedal was feelin a little... 'sloppy'... I guess? I have a long time friend/mechanic that has been there for me for whatever I have ever needed since we were 4-5 years old - he took a look and said a new slave cylinder was needed - I said "while you're in there give me the slave, the master, new lines, new flywheel, do it all!" (And I paid extra and waited longer because I insisted on GM parts - I want stock!) Everything went great! Have always used Mobil 1 oil & filter, always premium gasoline, the air filter is a K&N (recently 'recharged') and about a month ago I put Bosch Icon wiper blades on. All fluids have been 'changed'/filled before every summer and inspected (with me there) on his lift at his house! Little touch - Two Christmas's ago my wife bought me four new (ebony) floor mats; the two fronts have "Trans Am" (in exterior-matching metallic silver) nicely stitched onto them! (still have the originals)

The Low-Down

So basically... this already clean as hell 02 WS6 is getting the 'Presidential Treatment' done to it and will be more than ready when the weather breaks!! I have taken much pride in always keeping it clean, keeping the miles low, keeping it stock and not 'ragging on it'! I know when it's all done being pampered and springtime comes I won't have any problems selling it... but I wanted to come to the ls1 site first, F-body 'people' who may appreciate it more than just "anyone", before it is all ready to go - to see if there is any serious interest from any of you! I have not put it on any site, newspaper, word-of-mouth, not anything/anywhere. Like I said, it's still in storage (my home garage) and I am dropping some real cash and time and love into it in the next month or so before it will be 'officially' for sale to whomever! To be honest - I don't want to sell it... BUT... I have been working for Chrysler (now FCA) for about 11 years now and I don't know if any of you have heard but we just introduced the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio that I have had my eye on! (if you haven't heard about it, Google it!) so I told the wife to let me drop some real cash into the WS6 to get EVERYTHING I want to get done to it (the few things I listed above) to try and get 'top dollar'. She said okay! So I am going to get 'my baby' perfect in the next month or so and will be willing to let it go for a fair... but 'good' price!! If so..., I'll start shopping for the Quadrifoglio (and she'll think she "won") - And if not... I will have done all the **** I've wanted to do and drive it for another couple thousand miles this summer (win)!! I tried to be as honest and thorough as possible to not waste anyone's time. Please do the same! Let me know - Post, PM, etc.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-ws6-pic-1.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-ws6-pic-3.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-ws6-pic-4.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-ws6-pic-5.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-ws6-pic-7.jpg  

Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-ws6-pic-6.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-ws6-pic-9.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-ws6-pic-11.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-ws6-pic-12.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-ws6-pic-10.jpg  

Old 02-27-2017, 07:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

super nice, GLWS
Old 02-27-2017, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car. A few questions though.
Are you the original owner? If not how long have you owned it?
Clean Carfax? (no accidents ect.)
Any paint blemishes? especially on the sail, hood and bumpers.
Infamous door or dash cracks?
Is the hurst shifter an aftermarket short throw? Hard to tell height from your picture
Where in Illinois are you located?
Thanks
Old 03-04-2017, 04:29 AM
Teching In

Default Hey Ricky5

I am not the original owner. My grandfathers best friend owns a little crappy used car dealership and about 5 years ago he was telling me about some guy who was getting a divorce and had to get rid of his sports car... etc etc and I instantly went over there and checked it out. I took it home like 2 days later.
To be honest, I have never CarFaxed it so I couldn't tell ya? I have seen nor heard nor ever considered it to have ever been in any type of accident!
The paint is absolutely great - still shines no major or even minor problems. Never in snow, ice, salt, maybe been rained on a handful of times (if I got caught in it). Always garage kept and covered, even covered in the garage during the driving months! There is a small 3 inch by 4 inch few scratch marks on the rear passenger side bumper - those would be the only imperfections in the paint. Spoiler is great, hood is great (not even teeny tiny chips from highway driving - none!). Doors, fenders, and all the glass are all in great shape!
Hurst shifter is stock, it is the taller curved one. I have thought about putting a short throw in but I have wanted to keep everything stock!
The plastic interior pieces are still in good shape but for full disclosure there is 1 small crack on driver door, and I just measured it just now with a tape measure, it is 5/8 of an inch - hairline crack. It looks like a blonde dog hair. Thats the only interior imperfection!
I am currently in Rockford IL, a little over an hour (little North and West) from Chicago.
Everyone in my family, all my buddies, shoot even my Mom doesn't want me to get rid of it -- just the wife. I don't want to sell it or truly need to sell it... but if a serious buyer were to hit me up I'd let it go. (I really like that 2017 Giulia) Like I said in my post, the car is still in my garage and under the cover, waiting til the weather breaks to really attempt to sell it. The ls1 site is the only place I've put out any 'feelers' !! I can get some picks of the few imperfections sometime soon if you'd like? Shoot em over to ya?! Let me know.

Sorry I didn't get back to ya sooner, I have been outta town on business all week. Just got back tonight and started going thru emails and stuff.

Dr End All
Old 03-04-2017, 09:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Beautiful car but one thing I notice it that it has the 98-01 WS6 wheels instead instead of the 2002 style wheels?
Old 03-05-2017, 10:21 PM
Teching In

30th t/a -
You are absolutely correct. I traded the Speedlines straight up for the high-polished WS6 wheels! And I think I worked him on the trade... Speedlines are not as shiny, twice as heavy, thicker spokes, and to be honest - just plain ugly. The car looks WAY better now!! The wheels make the car look totally different, I think MUCH better!! You tell me, I uploaded a pic with the Speedlines and one with the high-polished...
Attached Thumbnails Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo94.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo159.jpg  
Old 03-05-2017, 10:54 PM
Teching In

*Update - it was 60 degrees today so I pulled the car out and some buddies of mine and myself started some of the work I mentioned in my post. - Did the coolant flush and fill, power-steering flush and fill, checked trans and rear-diff, All great! - Without completely draining the clutch and brake fluids (they didn't look bad at all) we empty the reservoirs and refilled 3 times. - Full synthetic Mobil 1 oil change and Mobil 1 filter. - Got the passenger window motor and regulator switched out with the new Dorman one. And washed her. - What's left, I have the parts here and still need to change out driver window motor and regulator (neither were dead but we know... :-) ) and change out my headlight motors with the new ones that have the 'heavy duty metal gear'! And the detailing still will be done (clay bar, buff, polish, wax, and interior)! I'm getting close to were I wanna be to put this car truly up for sale on all the internet, newspapers, social media sites, etc etc !! Let me know ?!
Old 03-06-2017, 05:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr End All
30th t/a -
You are absolutely correct. I traded the Speedlines straight up for the high-polished WS6 wheels! And I think I worked him on the trade... Speedlines are not as shiny, twice as heavy, thicker spokes, and to be honest - just plain ugly. The car looks WAY better now!! The wheels make the car look totally different, I think MUCH better!! You tell me, I uploaded a pic with the Speedlines and one with the high-polished...
I 100% agree, the earlier Ws6 are much nicer than the speedlines. Good trade.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 30th t/a
I 100% agree, the earlier Ws6 are much nicer than the speedlines. Good trade.
me too
Old 03-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Teching In

I think putting some of the imperfections on this post would help you out. Right now I am only semi serious about getting a WS6. I am gonna go to the bank and see what I can afford payment wise. From talking with some friends who have had second cars idk if I can afford a $17,900 payment. Based on what I find out I will contact you. I am about an hour south so it would not be too much trouble to come and look at it.

GLWS if you don't hear from me.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Update -
Had some time today so I washed her, waxed her, vacuumed it out, polished the wheels, dressed the tires, wiped the dust off the engine, and took a few photos of the cleaned ride, the engine, and the few 'imperfections' (full-disclosure). Also, all the plastic panels (dash, doors, sail panels) and front leather seats (to show their great condition)!! Here are the pics (taken on my iPhone 6) that were taken today, March 7, 2017 at about 4:30 p.m. (central time) ---

Dr End All
Attached Thumbnails Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo726.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo534.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo499.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo264.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo102.jpg  

Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo626.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo129.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo14.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo405.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo832.jpg  

Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo575.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo511.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo713.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo937.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo441.jpg  

Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo738.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo829.jpg   Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6-photo137.jpg  
Old 03-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Sent PM
Old 03-08-2017, 02:24 AM
Teching In

BlazinWS6 -
I hit u back!

Dr End All

Quick Reply: Stock! Clean! 2002 Trans Am WS6