What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Need advice on 2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on 2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula

In the market for a 98-02 firebird or camaro with a ls1. This is the only clean firebird/camaro with a ls1, M6, and decent miles I can find. Other suggestions would be great too.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5643746841.html
Old 07-23-2016, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car ! Looks well taken care of and clean ! Not all modified . Other than checking for leaks and all the usual but check to see when you are driving it if the clutch pedal returns to the top after quick pedal pressing and releasing . My car's pedal after a bit sometimes would not fully return . I ended up replacing my clutch master cylinder for a Tick adjustable master cylinder , and a new LS7 clutch set up . fixed my problem but cost about $1200 if that car had that problem . Don't know if it will help you but it is a problem these cars have that I didn't know existed till I got mine . Looks like the paint is nice so looks like a good deal to me !Good luck on your car shopping !
Old 07-24-2016, 02:32 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,060 Posts

That ad attempts to suggest that this car is some how a factory SLP edition that's some sort of rare future classic. Junk advertising and totally false in every way imaginable. The car has an aftermarket SLP lid and perhaps an exhaust system, these are common aftermarket bolt-ons and were never available stock on that car (or any other, for that matter - even SS/Firehawk examples that *could* actually be ordered with SLP options would not have received that particular lid or exhaust tips.)

Might still be a fine car, but the owner/dealer either doesn't understand what he has (or, more accurately, doesn't have), or he's trying to pull the wool over someone's eyes. It's just a garden variety Formula with an aftermarket lid and, maybe, catback. Don't let him tell you otherwise.

Quick Reply: Need advice on 2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula