Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

2007 4.8 turbo project for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 4.8 turbo project for sale

Category: Engine - Complete Motors
Price: $1450
Location (State): TX
Item Condition: Used
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

I have a 4.8 project that I was going to build for a Denmah Special rat rod turbo type deal but changed my mind on. The engine started life in a 2007 Z71 pickup that had 89K miles on it and one of the #7 lifters went bad on a friends truck. The engine was original and he is the original owner. The truck was a 5.3 truck and 4L60E. He decided to put a 6.0 in it and I bought the engine from him. Well, when I pulled the heads, it was a flat top engine and wound up being a 4.8 rather than a 5.3.

Here is what has been done and what I paid for it:

4.8 Long block - $400

Had the heads resurfaced and a valve job done with stock springs and new seals ( took .004 off of them ) The heads were off another engine and are "706" castings. $ 250

Replaced the DOD lifters with a set of LS7's, added used lifter trays $ 100

Replaced the cam with a good used 6.0 cam out of a 2004 3/4 ton $ 50

Added a new Cam sprocket for the three bolt cam, changed the tensioner out for a chain guide, installed a different top cover all with new gaskets.
$ 75

Changed the front cover with a LS2 style with new sensor $ 90

Added New Pro Comp Head studs $ 100

New LS9 Head gaskets _ $ 90

Removed the pan and installed new pan gasket, cleaned oil pan and pickup, replaced oil pump O ring and new Wix Oil Filter $ 70

Cleaned and painted the block $ 20

Painted the truck Balancer, valve covers, top covers Etc

Added a set of Truck manifolds with Vee Bands already welded on for a turbo kit $ 200

Total invested is $ 1445 and that is exactly what I will take for it with no front drive parts other than the Balancer. It will have Vee banded exhaust manifolds and long block. I will have this completed as soon as the head studs get here tomorrow and will get pictures of the finished engine.

I will trade it for a new or perfect shape LS3 block if someone wants to do that, no other trades really needed.

I will ship it at buyers expense and from what I can gather the cost is around 165 shipped to a business in the lower 48. I will crate it up and drop it off at a trucking shipper in a nearby town ( we do not have one here ). This will take one to 3 days due to my work schedule so please be patient. Here is a picture of the pistons and heads when i was cleaning it up.

Last edited by GNGUY; 11-09-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:41 PM
Teching In

gen IV with 243/799 head casting..?
Old 11-09-2015, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

Gen IV bottom end but has Reman'd 706 casting head on them from another engine. The 243's were used on a 6.0 project.

Quick Reply: 2007 4.8 turbo project for sale