What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 Trans Am WS6 48,xxx miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2002 Trans Am WS6 48,xxx miles

Hey guys I need some help pricing my car I am thinking about putting up for sale. It is an 02 Trans Am WS6. I am the 2nd owner and have had it since 2005. It has 48,xxx miles. I paint is in great shape. Has never been wrecked or had body work. The interior is in great shape as well, leather has no rips or tears. I replaced the carpet a few years back so it is free of stains. It is garage kept under a cover. I get to drive it 15-20 miles every few weeks. Motor work was performed by LMR in Houston they also tuned it but I had it re-tuned at Lethal Racing(great guys) in Lafayette this summer. I dont have the dyno sheet in front of me but I will post it up later.
Mods include:
PRC Stage 2.5 LS6 heads w/ PRC .675 dual valve spring kit
TSP Torquer V3 Cam
Lid(can't remember brand, it is just black)
Racetronix Fuel pump with Hotwire kit
Speed Engineering SS 1 7/8" LTs, Magnaflow Catback w/ custom tips
Hawk HPS brake Pads
ATE Sport Rotors
Konis with Strano Springs
Nitto 555s/Nitto DRs on back
BMR Bolt-in subframe connectors
BMR LCA Relocation Brackets
Circle D Stall
I had the transmission built by a shop in Houston that has since closed, if memory serves me correct they changed out 3-4 and installed a Beast sun shell, Corvette servos, and shift kit.

I am sure I am forgetting something. What could I ask for it? I do not want to get rid of it but I just dont get to drive it enough. Here are a few pics:

Old 10-07-2015, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Also I have the stock heads, cam, and suspension that came off of it. That will be sold with the car.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

A stock example would be in the $12K-$14K range. From there, add what you think the mods are worth to you. $14K-$17K might be the net range for highly modified A4. Sounds like a lot of car. But tough to get low mileage stock money for a modified car ($16K-$18K).

No door panel cracks?
Old 10-07-2015, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Nope no cracks. I was hoping if I did sell I could get at least 15k for it.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinWS6
Nope no cracks. I was hoping if I did sell I could get at least 15k for it.
Give it a try. No harm in the effort, right?
You just have to realize, and I hope you have read some of these posts over the years, that heavily modded cars are tough to sell for that kind of money. I'll repeat briefly for you, and any others thinking their modified cars will bring the big bucks. The market is thin, mostly young males, and that segment of the buying market generally has little $$$. It's unfortunate but an accurate assessment. F-bodies are tough to sell even 'stock' but at least have women looking and older guys looking. You've basically eliminated most of that segment once you seriously modify. The fear of abuse, whether real or imagined, scares buyers away.
This time of year is also becoming an issue. Your selling window gets smaller each day you wait. It won't pick up again until after the holiday season, perhaps even Spring. LA will be better than most states since your winters are rarely that bad.
As I said initially, give it a try, especially ebay with a 'Buy It Now' or best offer format. Don't do the bidding thing where the 'kiddies' play with your listing.
You never know who is out there at any given moment looking for exactly what you have. Sales do happen so perhaps you can be one of the lucky ones that gets what he wants.
I was successful with this format last year when I sold a low mileage '87 SS Aerocoupe. Got good $$ with a best offer from a collector in PA. You never know.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

As a buyer, I wouldn't even come close to $15k but only because the market is weak and there are so many cars available. But that is a very nice car and as long as you aren't in a rush to sell, you can wait for a buyer willing to spend more.

If you do decide to sell, good luck!
Old 10-08-2015, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Thanks guys!
Old 10-08-2015, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Can I offer a tip from a buyers perspective? If you do sell, post everything about the car and a lot of pics. It's very frustrating as a buyer to have to constantly ask for basic info and pics from a seller. Some people will post 0 or 1 pic of the car and I honestly don't know why.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You've made all the mods to that car. I don't see why $14K-$15K wouldn't be an achievable price. For someone looking to modify a car themselves is paying $12K-$13K for this car stock...then dumping $10K or more into it. Why not just buy the finished product where the mods are almost free? Clean WS6's are not that easy to find with mid-miles. I have to assume that the lack of door cracks means you haven't beaten this car up with a lot of body flexing. You're one of the top 10% that don't have door cracks.

You're essentially an alternate first owner as you've owned the car for 3X longer than they did...since 2005. You know more about the car than anyone alive. It's a 1.5 owner car imo. I think it has a lot of pluses. Fwiw I've been doing stock LS-1's for the past 13 years. I'd almost like a break and go to something clean and modified to experience the full performance of these cars...without paying the $10K-$20K to modify it.

Quick Reply: 2002 Trans Am WS6 48,xxx miles