Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

'86 Monte Carlo S.S. (Blk/Burg Orange/Red Stripes w/T-Tops/Console)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Default '86 Monte Carlo S.S. (Blk/Burg Orange/Red Stripes w/T-Tops/Console)

Year: 1986
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Monte Carlo
Price: $11000
Mileage: 95000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IL
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

NO TRADES
I am not willing to part this car out as a roller
I will (however) offer this car as a raffle. I will sell only one ticket for $11,000, so your chances of winning are REALLY good!

For Sale...my 1986 Monte Carlo S.S. (Black/Burgundy w/ T-Tops). I have had this car since I was a senior in high school (23 years...I graduated in 1991) and am a little reluctant to sell. Unfortunately, the time has come and I need the money to keep my business.

This is an original factory 1986 Monte Carlo S.S., which was originally ordered and purchased in Woodstock, IL. in 1986. The car is black with a burgundy bucket seat interior and orange stripes. Some of the options the car has are:

- Original 305 H.O. (G-Motor) with Rochester 4bbl carb and TH700R 4-speed automatic trans.
*** The difference between the G-Motor and the H-Motor are ***
The G-motor is the factory 305 H.O. L69 V8, the H-Motor is the low performance 305 LG4 V8

- Dual Exhaust (This is the factory original which came with the car)
- Factory S.S. Suspension
- Factory Hatch Roof (a.k.a. T-Tops)
- 120 m.p.h. Speedo
- A/C
- AM/FM Stereo Cassette w/ equalizer
- Tilt Wheel
- Console with T-shift lever
- Power Trunk Release
- Rear Window Defogger
- Space Saver Spare
- Factory Aluminum Wheels
- Power Door Locks
- Power Windows
- Aprox. 94K or 95K miles

In 1992, the car was vandalized badly and the repair bills were close to totaling the car. Using ONLY G.M. Parts, my father and I worked on this car a little while it was in the repair shop to keep the costs down. The car was repaired and repainted using Centari undercoat and PPG paint. Originally, this car would have been clear coated. When it was repainted, it was decided to use another paint process, where clear coat would not be applied, to increase the shine of the paint. This was back when the factory paint and clear coats were peeling off of cars constantly.

In 1992, the car was driven for the last time in the winter on it's way home from the body shop (as it was in the shop for over 6 months). Since that time, other than moving the car between storage spaces, this car has ONLY been driven in the summers since 1993. In 1988, and at 40K miles, the original owner began using Slick 50 Oil Treatment to preserve engine life. I continued this tradition for about 3 years after I got it. I began to use other oil treatments since.

THE GOOD:

- The oil was just changed on 3/22/14

- The car is as close to original as possible.

- It still has the original exhaust.

- It also has the original hoses and (I believe 2 original fan belts)
*** The factory numbers are still stamped on them ***
I have had people offer to buy the hoses and belts off of me, but figured this would ruin the uniqueness of the car.

I believe I have an extra air cleaner somewhere in my parents garage or basement. When I bought it, IIRC it did have some slight surface rust. I had planned on only using the cover anyway, and cut the outer rim off to make an "open air cleaner". This way, when you punched it, you'd hear the butterflies open and get the sound of the air rushing into the intake. I also have another T-Shift Lever and air cleaner hose NOS...which will come with the car. There is also a Monogram model of a 1986 Monte Carlo S.S., factory service manuals, factory updates, brochures, post card for the 1986 Monte Carlo and unused/unopened rear floor mats, which will come with the car as well.

- In July, 1994, the car was used in a Chevrolet commercial, that was shot in Waukegan, IL. over the July 4th weekend. The spot aired one time during the Fiesta Bowl in 1995 and showed the car for about 1 second. I think my father may still have the video.

THE BAD:

- I opened my own business and need to sell this car.

- The left turn signal will not flash and the front marker light does not come on. I have changed the bulb to no avail. I think it's a bad socket, but not completely sure. Unless the car gets sold, when I have the time I will figure this out.

- The rear tires will hold air, but slowly go flat after a few month. The tires are old and will need to be replaced.

- At idle, there is a noise coming from one belt. If I recall correctly, it is the generator belt. If you spray belt dressing on it, the sound goes away completely for 10 seconds. After then, the noise slowly returns.

- The snorkel inlet on the original air cleaner is bent but not badly (see pictures).

- The interior rear view mirror slides up and comes off REALLY easily!!! The metal piece is still on the windshield, but the plastic piece between the mirror and it doesn't stay put if you move the mirror. Currently, it takes 2 hands to move the mirror properly, so it does not come off, but it has never fallen off while driving.

I will start out asking $11,000.00 for the car (this is O.B.O). It will come with the of couple of extra parts and display pieces as described. Plus, if you would like, I have an Edelbrock tubular Exhaust, which is for the LG4 motor...NOT the L69 305 H.O. The manifolds are the same, but the collectors and "Y" pipe are smaller on this version.

Feel free to e-mail me at:
MyChiroCenter@gmail.com

----OR----

Text or call me on my cell phone:

(815) 861-9753
Attached Thumbnails '86 Monte Carlo S.S. (Blk/Burg Orange/Red Stripes w/T-Tops/Console)-5-18-2010-025.jpg   '86 Monte Carlo S.S. (Blk/Burg Orange/Red Stripes w/T-Tops/Console)-5-18-2010-024.jpg   '86 Monte Carlo S.S. (Blk/Burg Orange/Red Stripes w/T-Tops/Console)-5-18-2010-022.jpg   '86 Monte Carlo S.S. (Blk/Burg Orange/Red Stripes w/T-Tops/Console)-5-18-2010-027.jpg   '86 Monte Carlo S.S. (Blk/Burg Orange/Red Stripes w/T-Tops/Console)-5-18-2010-023.jpg  

Last edited by DOC-Z; 04-01-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice I love these cars, if it was white I'd have to consider
Old 04-02-2014, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

Do the Hump Day Bump
(Whaa-doin' it bay-bayyy)
Do the HUMP-DAY-BUMP
Do the HUMP-DAY-BUMP

Old 04-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

Fry-Day BUMP!
Old 04-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

Bump it up!!!
Old 04-18-2014, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

It's been 2 weeks...so BUMP time!
Old 04-23-2014, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

Volo Auto Museum is right around the corner from me...perhaps I should consign w/ them?
Old 07-07-2014, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

Sold Locally for $9,750.

/thread

Quick Reply: '86 Monte Carlo S.S. (Blk/Burg Orange/Red Stripes w/T-Tops/Console)