Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

LOW MILEAGE LS1 & LS6 Short Blocks under 60k 04 GTO LS2 Style Rods 24X wheel CLEAN

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LOW MILEAGE LS1 & LS6 Short Blocks under 60k 04 GTO LS2 Style Rods 24X wheel CLEAN

Category: Engine - Complete Motors
Price: $123
Location (State): NY
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS1/LS6
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

This is an older add.. Instead of going through and updating things I will just add this... I have now stumbled on a LS2 for my camaro so this LS6 has to go. PRICE IS NOW $1,000 plus shipping

I also now have a equally low mileage LS1 short block. It is in good condition. Crosshatch is very nice, bearings are good... I was told it had only 40k miles on it and have no reason to tgink he wasnt truthful as he is a good friend of mine...
Unfortunately 1 Cyl will need to be Re-Honed due too somehow collecting water... Beside that its good to go..
Asking $500 for the LS1. Pictures of the LS1 will be added to what is currently the last post on this thread

Hello, up forsale is a very nice LS6 short block that I purchased with the intentions of running it in my 86 Iroc. I still would love to go foward with the build and really DONT need to sell this, that being said I could definitely use the extra cash..

I bought it because I wanted to do a small inch lightweight efficient engine for my camaro.. Mild.. And I am very picky with crankcase ventilation/ pressure, windage..etc. So the Ls6 block was perfect.

BlockCasting#12561168

It came out of a wrecked 2004 GTO that had just rolled over the 60,xxx mile mark, It was complete but I had to steal the accessory's/ oil pan & intake off for a LS1 sale I had, and I wound up selling the heads.
So it comes as a SHORT Block.. Just the assembled block and rotating assembly, OE Camshaft, Timing chain, Oil pump, Covers(Front/Rear/Valley), FBody/gto Balancer, Camshaft & Crankshaft sensors and mabey a bit more I am forgetting..

So its a gen3 engine.. At least when it comes to the reluctor wheel(24X) and CPS location... BUT.. It has the "LS2" Style/ gen4 connecting rods witch are a much stronger design in genral as well as upgrading to a floating wrist pin design.

Camshaft is in good shape, been lubed up for a while.. Timing chain has the expected amount of slack.. The cylinder wear was honestly a bit disappointing for a 60k mile engine, but then again its from a performance car.. Crosshatch is there and in great shape dont get me wrong, ive just seen better.
Good crosshatch and NO cylinder ridge at all... Main bearings look very nice, I was very pleased with them...no excessive play anywhere.. Pistons seem t

o be happy and ready for more. Basically the only thing I would suggest is a new set of replacement lifters and lifter trays while the motors apart... Really at this stage it would be wise to do a oil pump and chain as well but it isn't necessary.

I do have a set of very nice but not that desirable 853 cylinder heads that have just been cleaned up and are ready to go.. No port work or mill job as far as I know. I may be able to include them as well as a new set of GM MLS head gaskets I have lying around..

As for the front drive all I have at the moment is the personal F-Body accessory's for my 408 build however if it made the right deal happen I could throw them in.. WaterPump, Tensioner, P/S pump, Alternator and I do have an A/C unit

As for intakes I have 2.. The first is a tall F.A.S.T. LSX-R 102/102 loaded ready to go(new design, black,never ran!)$1,000 Firm

And the second I would actually be sad to see go.. It looks like a LS1 intake at first glance, it is a LS6 intake that had had the front chopped off by TPIS and reworked to have a 90mm throttle body opening. Pretty cool... Also comes loaded with a billet aluminum DBC TB, TPS, IAC & MAP... New GM fuel rails amd injectors (LS6/1) or off brand billet aluminum rails.. And lastly a 90mm MAF from a truck with the conversion harness to run it.. I would want $950 for this set up.

For now please dont contact me about the intake manifolds or any of the other extras if you can.... Only if your interested in the actual short block

Thanks for your time and have a nice day !

Last edited by N/A86; 03-03-2017 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:38 AM
On The Tree

Last edited by N/A86; 01-26-2017 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

Bump TTT
Old 02-03-2017, 03:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

I don't need one but that is a hell of an ad. Bump for detail
Old 02-09-2017, 02:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 007FJ
I don't need one but that is a hell of an ad. Bump for detail
Lmao thank you!!! I appreciate that a lot , took me a bit to write up haha

TTT again,
Will let her go for $1,250
Thanks
Old 02-09-2017, 02:41 AM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

pm sent
Old 03-03-2017, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Pictures of the LS1 Short Block follow...

Old 03-05-2017, 09:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What oil pan is that? Is it for sale?
Old 03-23-2017, 11:54 AM
Teching In

do you have an LS6 intake for sale?
Old 03-28-2017, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the ls6 block still available? Pm me if it is
Old 07-28-2017, 10:24 PM
Teching In

Do you have any short blocks for sale? Really in need

You are the photo master!!

Quick Reply: LOW MILEAGE LS1 & LS6 Short Blocks under 60k 04 GTO LS2 Style Rods 24X wheel CLEAN