Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

MD- Slammed 2006 silverado

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 10:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MD- Slammed 2006 silverado

Year: 2006
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Silverado 1500
Price: $8000
Mileage: 215000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MD
Color: Silver
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

For sale: 2006 silverado 5.3 flex fuel

215xxx miles. If you're waiting for it lets just get this out the way, that is the downside of this truck it has high miles. Located in Maryland but this truck is from texas. No typical chevy rust, has only been in rust belt since 2013 and I do take care of it.

5/8 drop with ridetech coilovers, shocks and some mcg parts

Front: Ridetech coilovers, 4.1 inch stroke. MCG 17+ 2 inch drop spindles. Moog offset bushing upper arms, new lower arms that have been reinforced to hold the weight of the coilovers. New steering rack with outer tie rod ends. Steering rack and lower arms have under 500 miles on them, everything else about 30k

Rear: MCG flip kit and 2 inch drop shackle with ridetech shocks, shocks have under 5k on them

SS 20s, one has a deep scratch in them. Wrapped in 275/40r20's. Decent tread all the way around, fronts have camber wear but I do have 2 new spare tires to go with it.

There are several modifications I have had done to accommodate the drop. These are often looked over in most slammed trucks but I will briefly cover them;
Front fenders minitubed
Transmission crossmember raised
Transmission crossmember mounts sectioned and raised
Bed crossmember notched

As far as the exterior goes it is definitely not perfect. The rear bumper had a poor colormatch job on it and the paint completely peeled off. The intimidator wing is scratched from well...using the truck as a truck. There are a few scratches in the paint and what not. Take these for what they are, all that being said as you can see this is a really good looking truck

Interior has a black wrapped headliner, black wrapped sun visors. An aftermarket tilt back sunroof, and 3 piece back glass. Also has a pioneer head unit, and two 10 inch kicker subs in a box under rear seats along with factory bose. Has steering wheel controls but the volume doesn't work I guess because of the head unit wiring.

The check engine light is on for p0172/p0174 I honestly have not looked in to what is causing this problem. It was initially caused by leaking intake gaskets which were done then came back. Take this with a grain of salt but it might have something to do with the flex fuel content being calculated via o2's instead of an actual sensor? If you hook up the scan gauge it shows a very high ethanol content which tries to add fuel but the computer can't hence the code. I could be 100% wrong, just a thought.

Maintenance items within the last 30k are. Front upper arms, front lower arms, steering rack, outer tie rods, water pump, intake manifold gaskets, and both wheel hubs. I'm probably missing some stuff but I've done pretty good on keeping up with it.

I'm asking $8500. I do still owe a bit on it so keep that in mind when purchasing.

Give me a text or call, lets work something out! 24 zero - two one 6 - two eight 53
MD- Slammed 2006 silverado-fwdib7o.jpg

MD- Slammed 2006 silverado-ywhezly.jpg

MD- Slammed 2006 silverado-mxzcnpm.jpg

MD- Slammed 2006 silverado-aoolg7k.jpg

MD- Slammed 2006 silverado-cp8fubt.jpg

Last edited by settlemoore; 10-31-2016 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Bump, also forgot to mention no trades
Old 09-02-2016, 04:26 PM
TECH Regular

Do you have pictures of rear bumper that shows issues with it?

Also under hood shot of inner fenders.

Is Drivetrain completely stock? factory cats/exhaust?

Thanks
Old 09-06-2016, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Drive train is stock, I can take some more pictures for you if you want. I'm currently in the process of putting stock spindles back on it and taking out the drop shackles so I'll probably re-do this for sale ad. If you have a serious inquiry text the number in the ad...if you're just asking to ask then ill be a few days on the pictures
Old 09-07-2016, 02:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by settlemoore
Drive train is stock, I can take some more pictures for you if you want. I'm currently in the process of putting stock spindles back on it and taking out the drop shackles so I'll probably re-do this for sale ad. If you have a serious inquiry text the number in the ad...if you're just asking to ask then ill be a few days on the pictures
I'm more just curious to see.

I really like the truck, but the mileage is un-realistic for me. I'll just hang on to my lowly 2/4 drop 01 with 192k lol
Old 09-08-2016, 12:46 AM
Teching In

Yep, getting alot of that. It's honestly too low for me anymore, been 3 years of being this low and I'm finally putting stock spindles and shackles back on it. Maybe this will make me keep it, I certainly grow exhausted of attempting to entertain the almost insulting offers I've been getting for it. o well
Old 09-13-2016, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Here's how truck sits now. Swapped stock spindles back in and rear shackle set at 7 inches. Rides 100x better. As of now I havn't sold the drop spindles so they can be included in the sale I guess.

MD- Slammed 2006 silverado-h2b52nj.jpg

MD- Slammed 2006 silverado-f3twzgs.jpg

MD- Slammed 2006 silverado-7vc0opc.jpg
Old 10-01-2016, 01:22 AM
Teching In

bump.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:53 PM
Teching In

Here's some interior and underhood...I don't detail underhood sorry

Friend put a clutch there in the backseat, didnt realize it was even there til weeks later and couldnt get it out.

sunroof switch

sub box up

sub box down

I have that vortec cover thingy somewhere in my house...

adjusters for dem coilovers

Last edited by settlemoore; 10-31-2016 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:17 AM
Teching In

bump.

Quick Reply: MD- Slammed 2006 silverado