Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Narrow Front Track Width?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 11:36 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Narrow Front Track Width?

Hi All,

I have 15x4 billet specialties street light front wheels with a small spacer to clear the stock front brakes. I'd like the front tires to tuck in the fender well further for aesthetic purposes.

The car is drag only and wondering if drag brakes would reduce the track width, besides allowing me to eliminate the spacers? Are there other solutions?

I've seen some narrowed front a-arms but have heard the geometry can be suspect as a result. I do have an uninstalled BMR K member and MWC manual rack so researching other items I could install at the same time.

Thanks guys!
Old 10-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Anyone?
Old 03-09-2019, 09:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump instead of making new thread
Old 03-10-2019, 12:40 PM
Teching In

I wound up doing all the parts installs in this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...on-advice.html

I used standard control arms and everything tucks great now. I think, but don’t know for sure, that most of the items each slightly contributed to the reduced track width. Spacers were 5/16 IIRC, drag brakes shaved some as well from thinner hub maybe 3/16” and spindles likely a little as well. I used 1st gen brakes FWIW. You also have slots in the K member to further tuck the wheels, as long as you can maintain the alignment specs. I’m sure I lost a good 1”+ per side but didn’t take detailed measurements around this project.
I’m trying to upload some pictures but they’re not taking for some reason.
https://imgur.com/a/by9GyrY

Last edited by More cubes; 03-10-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Narrow Front Track Width?