I Need a Knowledgeable Tuner Willing to Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 07:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need a Knowledgeable Tuner Willing to Help

Hello Everyone,

I am having to write this up again.
I tried to post it yesterday, around 1pm, but I see the Mods have yet to approve it, because I am a new member.

I want a 2014up or the latest generation; LV3, 6L80e 6speed automatic with a Corvette Differential in my current project.

But I have concerns getting this newer setup to work without any hiccups.
I'm a retired mechanic who has been away from the daily grind too long.
I know my limitations and I need help with the electronics.
So far I have gotten conflicting information and I am not willing to pull the trigger to purchase the power-plant that I want for my project until I am 100% sure.

I need to find a tuner who is willing to help with flashing, wiring issues and to ensure me that we can get this running with no problems.
I'm not looking for a handout or freebee.
FYI - I have tried emailing 3 known tuners and I have yet to hear back from any of them.

This delay is keeping me from moving forward.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Old 10-20-2016, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Default I Need a Knowledgeable Tuner Willing to Help

I also want to use the Instrument panel from the same donor vehicle that I get the power-plant, wiring harness and ECM from.
Here is the power-plant I have my eye on buying once I know that we can get it running with no issues..

Last edited by UV231 Project; 10-20-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:49 AM
Teching In

I can wire it, no problem, I am still working the learning curve for tuning, are you planning on modifying the engine before you install it?
Old 10-21-2016, 09:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 7pane
I can wire it, no problem, I am still working the learning curve for tuning, are you planning on modifying the engine before you install it?
No. I want the entire power-plant to operate just as it came from the factory - but in my 60's UV231 Project..
Old 10-21-2016, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by UV231 Project
No. I want the entire power-plant to operate just as it came from the factory - but in my 60's UV231 Project..
That wont be to hard, Do you want to modify the harness with it or are you planning to make one that only has the connectors you need and is likely more appropriate length.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:31 PM
Teching In

1. I want to remove all wires in the factory harness that would no long be needed
2. Make a longer section that would go from the bulkhead connector now at the rear of the vehicle up to the dash.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:43 PM
Teching In

1. I want to remove all wires in the factory harness that would no long be needed
2. Make a longer section that would go from the bulkhead connector now at the rear of the vehicle up to the dash.
Not a big issue, I would remove and repin new longer wires rather than extending the existing.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:04 PM
Teching In

Not a big issue, I would remove and repin new longer wires rather than extending the existing.
FYI - In stead of the bulkhead connector being at the firewall like normal vehicles - will be in the back of this vehicle.
From that connector will be the need for an extension up to the dash - because it is so far away.
An inside connector will be used after all pins are removed and rewired from the inside connector up to the dash with longer wire.

Front of Vehicle -- Dash --------------------------------Power-plant in the back of the vehicle.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Hello Everyone,

I am having to write this up again.
I tried to post it yesterday, around 1pm, but I see the Mods have yet to approve it, because I am a new member.

I want a 2014up or the latest generation; LV3, 6L80e 6speed automatic with a Corvette Differential in my current project.

But I have concerns getting this newer setup to work without any hiccups.
I'm a retired mechanic who has been away from the daily grind too long.
I know my limitations and I need help with the electronics.
So far I have gotten conflicting information and I am not willing to pull the trigger to purchase the power-plant that I want for my project until I am 100% sure.

I need to find a tuner who is willing to help with flashing, wiring issues and to ensure me that we can get this running with no problems.
I'm not looking for a handout or freebee.
FYI - I have tried emailing 3 known tuners and I have yet to hear back from any of them.

This delay is keeping me from moving forward.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
I'm only seeing a bunch of cut/solder/rewire/turn wrenches here. I don't really see much need for tuning/flashing/magic whatever. If you were trying to interface with some other body module, or trying to work with some non-stock mods this would be a different conversation. I believe your real difficulty will just be the grunt work in fabbing everything to fit/look good.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gametech
I'm only seeing a bunch of cut/solder/rewire/turn wrenches here. I don't really see much need for tuning/flashing/magic whatever. If you were trying to interface with some other body module, or trying to work with some non-stock mods this would be a different conversation. I believe your real difficulty will just be the grunt work in fabbing everything to fit/look good.
That was what I figured also, maybe flashing to remove some modules that aren't there anymore, but thats it.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:29 AM
Teching In

I have been away from the daily grind too long and I have no clue about the entire ECM and Trans controller systems.

I do not know what can be remove and what has to stay.
I do not know what truly controls the Speedometer any more. Or if it is more than one thing.
I don't know yet - if this engine is drive by wire or not. (I think not)
But if it were - what could be done if anything to make it longer.

What I do know - Lord willing - I can install it.
I have been blessed with some skills. Or enough just to get me into trouble. Ha ha ha
Old 10-22-2016, 11:52 AM
Teching In

I have been away from the daily grind too long and I have no clue about the entire ECM and Trans controller systems.

I do not know what can be remove and what has to stay.
I do not know what truly controls the Speedometer any more. Or if it is more than one thing.
I don't know yet - if this engine is drive by wire or not. (I think not)
But if it were - what could be done if anything to make it longer.

What I do know - Lord willing - I can install it.
I have been blessed with some skills. Or enough just to get me into trouble. Ha ha ha
You will need the engine control module, transmission control module for sure (TCM is inside the transmission i believe)

The speedometer is calculated in the computer from the speed sensor in the transmission and the computers knowledge of gear ratio and tire size.

It absolutely is drive by wire, you will probably want to keep it that way. You will need to remove the pedal and pedal sensor from the donor vehicle.

If I get some time this evening, I will pull up the diagrams and give you a more specific list of what you need to get off the donor.
Old 10-22-2016, 12:33 PM
Teching In

You will need the engine control module, transmission control module for sure (TCM is inside the transmission i believe)

The speedometer is calculated in the computer from the speed sensor in the transmission and the computers knowledge of gear ratio and tire size.

It absolutely is drive by wire, you will probably want to keep it that way. You will need to remove the pedal and pedal sensor from the donor vehicle.

If I get some time this evening, I will pull up the diagrams and give you a more specific list of what you need to get off the donor.
Thank you.

FYI - I will not be able to use the same size tires. I don't know what it would take to change that info inside the ECM.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

which ever tuning software you or your tuner uses will have a dialog box that allows tire size and gearing changes.

really the hard part is the part you think is easy

if you're keeping it stock, you're looking at very basic changes to the stock tune

*turn off anti-theft
*gearing & tire size
*some emissions delete ( if you are ditching the cats)

I find it really odd that speartech didn't want to do a harness for the LV3
GM put a lot of time and energy into the new V6. I take it that means it'll probably be around for awhile and therefore worth someone's time to start making go-fast parts for.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:59 PM
Teching In

You said " really the hard part is the part you think is easy "

What part is that? Do you mean the install.
It might not be real easy - but it will be fun. GRIN

BTW - What I said was that they told me they don't do anything with a V6...
It seems their focus is V8 / LS.

Quick Reply: I Need a Knowledgeable Tuner Willing to Help