Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

LS Gbody Fuel System

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 06:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Gbody Fuel System

I have a in-tank fuel pump and efi sending unit for my gbody. but the wire gauging is different. Wires on the sending unit seem to be 14g, and the wires on the pump seem to be 12g. I have thought of still but connecting, or soldering them together despite the differences and just see how they operate; but these wires will be in my fuel tank so I wouldn't want the whole car to go kaboom off of me making that decision. Can anyone help me?
Old 10-25-2016, 06:32 AM
On The Tree

I don't fell that is a big enough gauge difference to cause any issues. If it dropped sizes over a long run, that may cause an issue with the pump getting the correct amps. Is it a short distance?
Old 10-25-2016, 06:41 AM
On The Tree

Oh, and i would solder any connections. Crimp connectors are great for stereo stuff, an under hood electronics, but i don't think i would use/trust them for a fuel system. Especially in an in tank environment.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bigdaddy350
I don't fell that is a big enough gauge difference to cause any issues. If it dropped sizes over a long run, that may cause an issue with the pump getting the correct amps. Is it a short distance?

Very short distance. and thanks!

Quick Reply: LS Gbody Fuel System