Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

what is the current solution for 500rwhp?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default what is the current solution for 500rwhp?

Been away from the forums for years. Is the tick adjustable master still the way to go?

monster stage II 100% streetable meaning OEM engagement, no chatter, etc.. ???

I want whatever I do this time to last me for the next 100,000 miles.

OEM masters been thru 3 of those already
Old 12-09-2016, 05:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

getting 100k mi on a clutch like a Monster stage 2 (or any other brand) with a car making 500 "rear" wheel HP is a long reach unless you just drive the car like a 6 cyl put put. The monster stage 2 notes a 40k mi lifespan on the Tick site, YMMV.

The stage 2, like other clutches with more aggressive friction material than stock organic type do have a "tendency" to chatter on initial engagement. Proper break-in and adjusting the clutch release/RPM technique typically resolves issues like chatter...although that engagement window is often narrower than with a full organic disc clutch to not have chatter.

Dual (two) disc clutches with full organic discs like McLeod or Monster hold a ton of power and drive like stock...
Old 12-11-2016, 08:44 AM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Yeah the tick master is still best. Get the 3/4" bore vs the 7/8" bore for better feel.

If you can swing it in your budget, Carbon Fiber clutch material is as close to infinite as it gets.

There aren't many of us in 500 hp territory on a manual, fewer that DD them, and the mixture of clutches is rather wide. You'll fine for the most part those of us in that group are running multidisc clutches. Of that group, I don't know of anybody unhappy with Carbon fiber
Old 12-13-2016, 03:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackbird
Been away from the forums for years. Is the tick adjustable master still the way to go?

monster stage II 100% streetable meaning OEM engagement, no chatter, etc.. ???

I want whatever I do this time to last me for the next 100,000 miles.

OEM masters been thru 3 of those already
For that power level, and wanting that durability. The only clutch in the after market that will last that long would be our LT1-S twin disc.

Also that Tick master is a great unit, just keep in mind that it will make the pedal about 30% stiffer, compared to stock.

Give us a shout if you want to go over details.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 228 Likes on 153 Posts

Yeah, you are going to want to step up to a twin disc. I replaced a Monster 3 with an LT1-S unit, and the car is so much more enjoyable to drive now.

Quick Reply: what is the current solution for 500rwhp?