Single Digit Club Running 9s or quicker? Damn!

N/A GTO on Pump Gas

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 09:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
HKE builds great motors.
Agreed. Being local had added value; I was able to watch the whole thing come together. I was going by there three or four days a week for a while. Erik did a great job going over options and explaining each step of the build in great detail. I wish I could remember half of what he said! Here's a couple of pics...

Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ptero
Yeah but I think the FTI is probably as good. Circle D's shop is about a mile from my office & I guess I'm kind of old skool when it comes to that. All things being equal; I put a certain value in being able to conduct business/give expectations face to face. HKE/Erik built my motor and I'm sure he got tired of me looking over his shoulder too! I'm equally pleased with both transactions.
I hear you, i don't like going over State line for an engine builder myself,
is a huge dissadvantage when Murphy' low".
I use my own power tho mainly because of that same reason.
I order my first engine over the ph and paid $465. for delivery and $600. to put it together for me and it was shipped with the wrong relucter wheel put new engine in without knowing, would not start, long story short i had to desassemble it and send the crank out at my own expense and put it all back myself, thats how i learn my lesson, and how to build my own engine. The builder never accepted any resposibility...
On a positive note, got my new Pro Yank convtr today, and I'm making my own 3.5 inch aluminum mufflers for next sunday race.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:20 PM
9 Second Club

Did it again a couple of weeks ago...
Old 04-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ptero
Did it again a couple of weeks ago...
Nice, congrats on your run. I didn't see what kind of hp/tq numbers the motor made in your sig?

I'm getting a HKE c6z nitrous car pretty soon. Made 600rwhp on motor with ported ls7 heads, tb, and intake @ 12.5:1 cr. I wonder if there would be much of a gain switching to NW 102/Fast 102 and aftermarket heads?

I wish I had a track nearby to get some tentative numbers.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:29 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
Nice, congrats on your run. I didn't see what kind of hp/tq numbers the motor made in your sig?

I'm getting a HKE c6z nitrous car pretty soon. Made 600rwhp on motor with ported ls7 heads, tb, and intake @ 12.5:1 cr. I wonder if there would be much of a gain switching to NW 102/Fast 102 and aftermarket heads?

I wish I had a track nearby to get some tentative numbers.
Thanks man. I'm just the opposite... I wish I had decent dyno numbers, but given a choice between the two, I'm happier with track results. My car misbehaves badly on the dyno, blows through the converter. On the track; it works great.

I would log some runs with it as is and if your MAP is up close to 100, I think your gains from the FAST/NW wouldn't be as much as if it were ~95kpa.

Aftermarket heads are pricey. If I had already had LS7 heads it's not likely I would have sprung for the Mast heads. I would have a hard time justifying cost vs. gains there. I think you'll be happy with what you get. Erik does a great job on these motors.

If you do go with the FAST/NW, pm me and I'll tell you what I went through and how I resolved issues with poor alignment on the Mast heads. Ultimately, I think I picked up 15 - 20 rwhp.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:47 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Need to change your Sig there Randall.

Small cammed slow POS.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Staging Lane

Randall's car is a BEAST! And a great color to boot!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:07 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Marble_Sharp
Randall's car is a BEAST! And a great color to boot!
Originally Posted by Kingsize
Need to change your Sig there Randall.

Small cammed slow POS.
Thanks guys, I guess the "nine second club" is full. I can't seem to get them to change the title under my user name.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to apply for membership to the group then change it yourself in your User CP if they added you to the group yet. They don't change it for you only add you to the group.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:00 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by djfury05
You have to apply for membership to the group then change it yourself in your User CP if they added you to the group yet. They don't change it for you only add you to the group.
Thanks man, I hadn't noticed they'd approved me.

Quick Reply: N/A GTO on Pump Gas