Single Digit Club Running 9s or quicker? Damn!

9.65 @ 142 in a '11 CTS-v

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 02:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9.65 @ 142 in a '11 CTS-v

Title should read 9.56 @ 142!!

I set this in April with Vengeance Racing, I thought I would have gotten back out to best it but haven't been back out yet. I expect to in the fall though. This is on a stock block, crank, rods, pistons, converter, tranny and rear end. Basically it's a bolt on car with spray.

We backed up the 9.56 with a 9.59 @ 143 and a pass that I lifted on that looked like a 9.6 according to the incremental times and speeds.

Vengeance Racing gets the credit for the build, I get credit for being an arrive, drive and complain a little bit driver! LOL!!

Old 08-28-2014, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Wow! Congrats.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:38 PM
TECH Regular

Good job with such little stuff done. What shot size? This caddy will probably break some hearts.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:54 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by WVhuggerSS
Good job with such little stuff done. What shot size? This caddy will probably break some hearts.
Bolt on car with a 150 shot and yes it does.....with a child seat in the back.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Jesus.....that Thing is moving
Old 08-31-2014, 02:45 AM
Launching!

how much spray? heads? what pulleys? 9.1 2.5? or more?
Race gas?

Originally Posted by Brian in GA
Title should read 9.56 @ 142!!

I set this in April with Vengeance Racing, I thought I would have gotten back out to best it but haven't been back out yet. I expect to in the fall though. This is on a stock block, crank, rods, pistons, converter, tranny and rear end. Basically it's a bolt on car with spray.

We backed up the 9.56 with a 9.59 @ 143 and a pass that I lifted on that looked like a 9.6 according to the incremental times and speeds.

Vengeance Racing gets the credit for the build, I get credit for being an arrive, drive and complain a little bit driver! LOL!!

CTS-V runs 9.56 @142, Fastest stock bottom in the world! - YouTube
Old 08-31-2014, 02:53 AM
Launching!

also not trying to be a **** but he did this with out spray..

Old 08-31-2014, 07:22 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by racerfox
also not trying to be a **** but he did this with out spray..

World's Fastest Stock Bottom End CTS-V Record Pass - YouTube
It's all good racerfox. My thoughts are that there are different paths to the fastest stock bottom record. Supercharge, TT, spray, etc...

Regardless as to the path chosen the common theme needs to be a stock block, crank, pistons and rods. Sneaking up on the limit of this motor is what this is all about. If you're pumping out 900 without spray and then spray it you may go too far or not be able to get it on the ground. I am also doing on a stock trans and the above video was also on a stock converter.

HP limits are one thing, getting it on the ground is the other. You have to pull the whole picture together IMO to get the lowest time and I respect everyone out here pushing the limits of these motors and cars. I'm just glad to be a part of it.

Brian
Old 08-31-2014, 11:34 AM
Launching!

It's all good racerfox. My thoughts are that there are different paths to the fastest stock bottom record. Supercharge, TT, spray, etc...

Regardless as to the path chosen the common theme needs to be a stock block, crank, pistons and rods. Sneaking up on the limit of this motor is what this is all about. If you're pumping out 900 without spray and then spray it you may go too far or not be able to get it on the ground. I am also doing on a stock trans and the above video was also on a stock converter.

HP limits are one thing, getting it on the ground is the other. You have to pull the whole picture together IMO to get the lowest time and I respect everyone out here pushing the limits of these motors and cars. I'm just glad to be a part of it.

Brian
right now i have a 9.1 2.5 cam full exhaust id850s and tune on 91. put me right at 600. I have plans for swaping to a 2.38 upper and flex fuel. then maybe running a zl1 lid with some spray bars.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

That awkward moment when someone unsuspecting pulls up and thinks to himself. Look at that heavy tank I can take it. :p

Love this V probably hurts a lot of feelings.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian
Well said Brian... I personally fail to see the relevance of the video posted. The guy is two tenths and almost five mph slower... I understand he ran that # without nitrous, but he was on E85... Bottom line sir you own and drive the quickest/fastest stock bottom end CTSV in the country!!

Congrats and THANK YOU for allowing Vengeance Racing to be a part of your success.

Quick Reply: 9.65 @ 142 in a '11 CTS-v