Single Digit Club Running 9s or quicker? Damn!

Wanting to Run low 9s

Old 02-27-2015, 08:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting to Run low 9s

I've got a 1974 Nova Hatchback and wanting to run low 9s and keep it a street/strip car. It wont be a daily driver but would like to be able to drive it when I want. That being said I need help. I'm not wanting to tub it just wanting to do the Detroit speed tubs for a 315 tire. After getting the frame rails cut according to Detroit Speed instructions that leaves me worrying that the stock frame rails will not hold up under a launch and the car will collapse behind the notched out part of the frame. Should I put aftermarket frame rails in? Competition engineering has frame rails that would hold up but if I go with them I will be forced to change a lot of what I want to do with the car, that is running a fuel cell/gas tank. With the car being hatchback I will be forced to build a firewall to separate driver from fuel source according to NHRA rules and so on and so on. Wanting somewhere around 750-800rwhp. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:53 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Guys have ran 7s on the stock tubs with a 275 tire and stock frame rails with sub frame connectors. Don't overthink it.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 185 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeNova
Guys have ran 7s on the stock tubs with a 275 tire and stock frame rails with sub frame connectors. Don't overthink it.
Exactly!!!
Old 03-31-2015, 10:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never seen a uni-body car collapse after notching the rails and welding in mini-tubs. With that said I have always installed ladder bar suspension at the same time and not run the leaf springs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wanting to Run low 9s