Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

hello I was given a small block,4 boltmain,new crank,10to 1 flat top pistons
wicked cam, headers,shaved crank,all arp fasteners, but it is fuel injecter, with new large injectors,new larger throttle body,oversive valves, polish and ported.new distributor, and a painless wire harness so I can put it anywhere, maybe even the garbage as I am not a car guy yet.I really like the way a hirise manifold and holly look, nice and clean.and I was wondering what it would take to swap over to carberation and the cost involved.He told me the engine has about 375 horse,and torque as hell.he told me he has modified corvette engine mounts and can still break engine mounts at will.He snapped the frame and had to have it boxed, and also has had a heavy duty transmission built for the car.after he blew his twice.should I change??
thanks for all your input.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:32 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, it is a simple intake swap and a carb with a different distributor.

All that can be had for 3 or 4 hundred bucks for the cheaper and used parts.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

pretty simple and not too expensive to swap to a carb setup......... youll need an intake, carb and hei distributor........ all can be had for around 600.00 or less
Old 11-02-2009, 08:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ralphbart
He told me the engine has about 375 horse,and torque as hell.he told me he has modified corvette engine mounts and can still break engine mounts at will.He snapped the frame and had to have it boxed, and also has had a heavy duty transmission built for the car.after he blew his twice.should I change??
thanks for all your input.
If he's snapping motor mounts at that power level, something is wrong, and I'd be questioning the other things you've been told. That isn't an especially high power level. Also, there's nothing special about Corvette motor mounts...just SBC mounts made to go in a 'Vette. In my head, the red flags are flying here, as you've been fed a lot of ****.

Quick Reply: need help