Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

LT1-to-SBC swap, Transmission Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1-to-SBC swap, Transmission Help

Hello everyone, I have been doing some research on the question I am about to ask, but I just wanted to see if anyone in here has done the same swap, and can clarify for me.

I am wanting to replace the LT1 engine in my car with a SBC eventually. The clutch on my car went out and it needs replaced. I'm NOT ready to do the SBC swap yet, but I want to drive the car this spring. It will be awhile untill I'm ready to do the swap. I was considering buying the Mcleod Twin Disc. Obviously when I do swap to a SBC, I will want to use the LT1 6-speed and the pricey LT1 Mcleod clutch.

The car is a 94z28, LT1 M6. My questions is, is the Mcleod flywheel swap the only thing needed for my setup to work properly when I swap LT1-to-SBC?

Thanks for any help, John
Old 02-14-2010, 12:59 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Everything will swap right out if you use a 1 piece rear main SBC when the time comes, you do ot need anything special. BUT, if you use a 2 piece rear seal engine you just need the special flywheel that is balanced for the older small blocks.

Quick Reply: LT1-to-SBC swap, Transmission Help