Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

82 chevy truck putting in a 89 chevy motor have a question on the flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 82 chevy truck putting in a 89 chevy motor have a question on the flywheel

hey guys i got a 82 chevy truck and im gettin ready to build a 89 block with a one piece seal for the truck. my question is concerning the flywheel. will i be able to find a flywheel that will accept the clutch from my truck? i know the flywheel bolt pattern on a one piece seal is a half inch smaler. i just need to know if my clutch will bolt up. if so can you guys point me in the direction of a flywheel. i would prefer a neutral balance flywheel since i want to go internal balnce.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The newer one piece seal motors run a neutral balancer but have weighted flexplates and flywheels. I would imagine that the car flywheel for a 5spd camaro and such would work just fine.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well im going with a internal balance crank so i need a neutral flywheel well i guess it would prolly be cheaper to just go with the internal/external balance so i can use a cheaper flywheel

Quick Reply: 82 chevy truck putting in a 89 chevy motor have a question on the flywheel