Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

New roller rockers!!! ????

Old 06-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry New roller rockers!!! ????

can anyone help me on how to set my 1.7 roller rockers it is a 454 and it is hydraulic i read that all you have to do is tighten the posi lock till the push rod has drag then thighten it 1/4/ to 1/2 more..

is this true and all i have to do?????

please help
Old 06-24-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i always did them while the motor is running. start to tighten them down until the tick goes away then 1/4 to 1/2 turn, tighten poly and all good. i've never had a problem doing it this way. i'm in plainfield so let me know if you can't get it.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by poltergeist 02
i always did them while the motor is running. start to tighten them down until the tick goes away then 1/4 to 1/2 turn, tighten poly and all good. i've never had a problem doing it this way. i'm in plainfield so let me know if you can't get it.
i may do that (contact you) do to i have a pacemaker and cant be under the hood while it runs
Old 06-25-2011, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

thats just an old school trick i learned from a friends dad a while back. there is other ways of setting them without running it while you adjust them.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by poltergeist 02
This is the way that I have always set them. Tighten the set screw then tighten both the nut and set screw about 1/16 of a turn more. They won't come loose this way. I have never had good luck setting them with the engine not running.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New roller rockers!!! ????