Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Spark problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spark problem!!

Hey all, got a bit of a problem that has been givin me hell for awhile now, so thought I would ask for some advice. Car is a 95 lt1, 383, supercharged, custom single plane intake, etc etc. So here is the deal as of right now. I am only gettin spark to the #1 plug. Had the car up and runnin fine and then bam, alot of problems started happenin. I have 12 volts to a and d at the icm(with key on) and 4 when cranking. Have plenty of spark comin from the coil. I have replaced the icm,coil even though they tested out good. So I figured it had to be the opti. So today, replaced the opti with msd billet unit, put loctite on the lil bolts that hold the rotor on and all the other lil tricks. Go to fire it up, same thing, only firin on the #1 plug. Ive checked and rechecked all grounds and even added a couple extra from the block to frame just to be sure. have checked and rechecked all fuses and they are all good. Tested all injectors with noid light and are good to go. Fuel pressure holds at 42 when primed and around the same when I had it runnin. Plugs are tr6s .032 gap. msd plug wires. Cant think of anymore info to add at the moment. So any questions you have I will be more than happy to answer. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by fockabela2001; 08-13-2013 at 09:35 PM. Reason: added info
Old 08-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Staging Lane

Have you checked to make sure that your spark plug wires are good and that the contacts are making a good ground with the opti and each of the spark plugs? You seemed to have replaced everything else.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Yeah bud, ive ohmd out the spark plug wires and they all check out to be good. Im just at a lil bit of a loss at the moment, kinda taken a step back and maybe some random thing will come to me
Old 08-16-2013, 07:30 AM
Staging Lane

Dang! Bump this one to the top of the list. Surely someone out there has had this problem before!
Old 08-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Teching In

The problem is. You haven't payed me for the Optispark that you told me you want.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Teching In

Look up the definition of Semper Fi. Don't tell me your a Marine unless you act like one.

Quick Reply: Spark problem!!