Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

oil coming out the dipstick tube 505 stroker

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 03:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default oil coming out the dipstick tube 505 stroker

Buddy of mine has a 68 Chevelle & had a 505 stroker motor built, 10:1 cr, .740 lift cam, stud girdles, has ported pro comp cylinder heads, pro comp ignition system. This motor doesn't have 500 miles on it yet but pushes oil out the dipstick tube. If ya drive it with the hood off it will shoot the oil on the r side windshield under hard acceleration. Another guy that does a lot of BBC work verified the header style evac system is working, tubes welded in at 45 deg angle on headers & says its pulling a vacuum. I'm gonna do a compression test this week. Is it even possible that the rings aren't seated in yet? Just seems like it shouldn't be spitting the oil out like this. I was leaning toward a ring problem but I don't wanna pull & tear the motor down for nothing. Using valvoline 20w50 racing oil. Oil pressure about 60 psi at idle.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're right, it shouldn't be...something is putting pressure in the crankcase, and if it's blowing that much oil I wouldn't bet on rings being the problem. A quick go/no go test would be to disconnect the header evacs and plumb a pcv in to see what happens.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Default Oil blowing out the dipstick

Something is making/building pressure in the crankcase! its either rings, cracked piston's or worse! Whatever the case is the engine needs to be redone and inspected!
Case in point! A buddy of mine had the same problem w/his dipstick blowing oil! He did not get on it and fix the problem so,!
A week or so later he split the 3rd main cap in his bottom end and wrecked his engine!
So save yourself some money and fix this issue NOW! Before it becomes an EPISODE!
It's not cheap but its the cheaper alternative!
Sorry to bring the bad news!
Old 10-01-2014, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Did your friend ever figure this out? I'm having a similar issue with a fresh motor.

Quick Reply: oil coming out the dipstick tube 505 stroker