Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

BMR K member position

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BMR K member position

BMR K member KM005.

Do i have the engine mounts correct for my BBC 4th gen swap. Or do i switch the sides. Couldn't really find clear enough pictures on google to compare with.

It seems incorrect as it makes the engine touch the power steering and sway bar.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails BMR K member position-img_20151001_224048282.jpg   BMR K member position-img_20151005_150214882.jpg  
Old 10-07-2015, 09:48 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

From the pictures it definitely looks like the engine stands are mounted correctly. It also appears that engine leaning forward? Is everything mounted in the car with the transmission bolted to the engine?

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 10-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Teching In

first picture it was on the engine stand. the second i had transmission bolted on and had it sitting on the k member with nuts tightened, Whole assembly was on the ground supported by pallet and blocks. I had it oriented as level as i could get it. but that might not be the case on how it sits in the car with it all bolted up. Plan to fit it in the car this week. Will update on how it sits that way.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:58 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DJCANDYMAN
first picture it was on the engine stand. the second i had transmission bolted on and had it sitting on the k member with nuts tightened, Whole assembly was on the ground supported by pallet and blocks. I had it oriented as level as i could get it. but that might not be the case on how it sits in the car with it all bolted up. Plan to fit it in the car this week. Will update on how it sits that way.
Sounds good. Definitely keep me updated as I want to make sure everything bolts up as it should for you.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 10-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Got it under the car to see how it would fit. I am off about 3inchs. Fought with getting it to fit and it wasnt happening. Switched sides on the mounts and it fit in the car perfectly with ease. Did have to massage the oil pan a bit.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:48 AM
Teching In

Some of my artistic skills hahahaha But itll help deciding which way it is supposed to go.

Point is towards the front of the engine and the straight edge is towards the rear

Quick Reply: BMR K member position