Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Best brand SBC 383 stroker to buy ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 02:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best brand SBC 383 stroker to buy ?

My head is spinning...

I got an 83 Monte Carlo SS with a blown up 305. I want to put a 383 stroker in around 420-460 hp. I been spending tons of time researching this and every company someone has something bad to say.

Please point in me in the right direction from first hand experience !?

-blueprint
-ATK
-Pace performance
-skip white performance

any others ?

thanks !
Old 10-28-2016, 02:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

ATK of course. Feel free to give me a call to discuss anything. I sponsor many of the forums and I really dont see anything negative that was our fault.

We use all name brand parts, our engines are built here in Grand Prairie, Tx by 1 person and not an assembly line, we dyno test our engines to ensure quality, can custom build to fit your wants/needs, offer a 2 year warranty, free shipping and we can even film your video on the dyno as well as take pictures for you.

DO NOT get us confused with ATK Reman our sister company which is probably what you see online or hear about. When you do see stuff about them you really have to look at the overall picture....they have literally done Millions of engines...you are going to see negative things...every company has their problems, they learn from them and improve on it. What you see online is really a minuscule number, its always the bad stuff you see.

Brandon
ATK HP
800-421-3746 Ext. 409
Old 10-28-2016, 04:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ATK Engines
ATK of course. Feel free to give me a call to discuss anything. I sponsor many of the forums and I really dont see anything negative that was our fault.

We use all name brand parts, our engines are built here in Grand Prairie, Tx by 1 person and not an assembly line, we dyno test our engines to ensure quality, can custom build to fit your wants/needs, offer a 2 year warranty, free shipping and we can even film your video on the dyno as well as take pictures for you.

DO NOT get us confused with ATK Reman our sister company which is probably what you see online or hear about. When you do see stuff about them you really have to look at the overall picture....they have literally done Millions of engines...you are going to see negative things...every company has their problems, they learn from them and improve on it. What you see online is really a minuscule number, its always the bad stuff you see.

Brandon
ATK HP
800-421-3746 Ext. 409

I gotcha ! I am still considering you guys as well as some local builders that I got referred to.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Karl Ellwein. I believe he'll do a regular SBC and he's undoubtedly one of the best builders out there.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:46 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

brandons a decent guy
Local racers (not street squrrels) especially old timers that have been at it a long time usually know someone good
Just dont be tempted by fancy ads and Omg thats cheap prices on ebay
Old 11-20-2016, 07:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I went a different route building a LS motor for it.

Quick Reply: Best brand SBC 383 stroker to buy ?