Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Which radiator for SBC conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Which radiator for SBC conversion?

As title says, which radiator will work for the SBC conversion into a 95 Z28? Will the stock LT1 radiator work? I know the LT1 is reverse cooled so just wondering if I'll need another type of radiator other than stock. Also, is there a difference between the LT1 and LS1 radiators? Thanks in advance.

Michael
Old 01-04-2005, 01:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good question. I'd like some info on this as well b/c from what I've seen the upper and lower radiator hoses are in the same positions on both the LT1 and LS1 cars.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:56 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey man.....

the only answer i can give you is that from probably 100% of the conversions i've seen, most guys are notching out the upper radiator core support, standing the radiator straight up and down, and lowering it so the hood will close. it takes a little bit of work, but nothing too overwhelming. talk to Madman and APEngineering as they seem to be the only two shops who have done this. maybe Brady can even chime in with his experience as he's done a few too.

later,
Dave

Quick Reply: Which radiator for SBC conversion?