Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Those who have installed SBC/BBC into LS1 car.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Those who have installed SBC/BBC into LS1 car.....

Those who have installed SBC/BBC into LS1 car, what did you do about wiring? Ignition, PW, PL, etc? Gauges? We (a buddy and I) have a 2000 Z28 body, and have been getting serious about some hardcore LS1 parts, but we can buy hardcore BBC parts for about the same price, and the car will be much faster, and the BBC parts are much stronger. A forged BBC would absolutely laugh at a 200-300 shot, whereas that seems to be the practical limit for a LS1 based engine, based on longevity and "safety". We would want to retain PW, PL, brake lights, turn signals, headlights, etc (basically street legal stuff). How have you wired your car, and have you been able to retain turn signals, head and brake lights, PW, PL, etc?

Thanks, Shawn
Old 08-14-2005, 01:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those parts you mentioned are controlled by the BCM (body control module), not the PCM.

Just unplug the whole PCM harness from the car and all of your existing stuff will still work.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

This is kind of the same route I am considering going. I have a whole garage full of good BBC parts, an I'm really considering putting one of them in my Z, but I want to keep it as a totally streetable driver as well. What I am wondering is how can I still make the factory guages, including the speedo work? I already have the parts in my TH400 to be able to use the stock speedo, and it works perfectly. Is there any way to retain this? Also, I would likely go with EFI, is it possible to use a larger in-tank pump to be able to feed this motor N/A? I would likely run a stand-alone fuel system for the N2O anyway. I just need something to be able to keep with the motor during regular driving conditions. Or, I may just run a carb that I already have, and just go from there.

Last edited by Sandmann120; 08-26-2005 at 01:24 AM.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have posted many times on people looking to do the same thing or sometimes with a small block. Please search and find some of those by using my username. If you have any other questions please let me know and i will be happy to answer them.

Quick Reply: Those who have installed SBC/BBC into LS1 car.....