Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

New LSx project - help wanted - UK

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 06:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New LSx project - help wanted - UK

Hi Guys,

I have just embarked on building a new Ultima, and now comes the difficult task of choosing an engine gearbox config.

The factory stick to the suggestion of using the SBC chevvy engine specifically form AS in the states, and thats fine but:

I would feel happier fitting a more modern (LSx) derivative which should be more reliable, cleaner etc etc. I also like the idea of putting EFI on it. In fact it seems that more US Ultima boys are going the LSx route!

The down-side is that the Ultima chassis has been designed for SBC, and presumaly some mods would be needed to fit an LS derivative, as well as having to get manifolds/ exhaustes fabricated. In addition the problems with emissions testing must be tackled on SVA of the new vehicle.

I am looking for advice...anything you can tell me....., and suggestions on good UK based (Lsx) engineering firms that knows their stuff and will help me in my quest, but without ripping my arms off costwise.
The car will be road and track, and I am looking at finding a good balance between relaibility and silly performance.

Any Ideas?