Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

World Class 427

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Class 427

Hey i jsut purchased the world products 427 world class engine. I went with aluminum heads and even better the aluminum block ! Iots got hte hydraulic roller cam and put out 520 horse and 500 torque. Does anybody have this motor or has anybody driven something similar? I want to know what i got myself into.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:34 PM
JTM
TECH Regular

Sounds like a killer setup, and extremely light too.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

light, but rather expensive me thinks for that power level. what did it cost you and your pops? lol...and what did it include?
Old 03-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Launching!

Included carb(870) to pan setup it ran 11,500. We both know thats expensive but my dad cant shake the bug. He saw those aluminum 427 copo's yenkos and the zl1 and he has wanted one since. He said he wanted to spend the extra cash for the wow factor and nostalgia of the aluminum 427. I wanted to go with the solid lifter with 550 horse and 530 torque but we decided this to be more streetable and less maintanence.(its a hydraulic lifter) Overall i think we definately made a great choice and i hope it works well with the tko-600(.64)
Old 03-14-2006, 06:47 PM
9 Second Club

that's not such a bad price. i really expected it to be more than that. nice choice either way. obviously i love the idea of a 427 sbc too! LOL. in fact, i'd love to have one myself, but my motor is done already and i've got a lot of other things that need to be purchased/installed still.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:48 PM
9 Second Club

hey, do you have a homepage with pics of the car yet??? i'd love to see more of it, and the motor when you've got it. let me know.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:30 PM
Launching!

ye aman ill definately have more pics up when i get everything done. I just finished all the suspension upgrades and im going to drive it this weekend after i modify the exhaust. I still have 10 miles to brake in the rear and in about a 2 months or so they engien will be here. It shouldnt take that long to put it in. As soon as i can ill post some pics! thanks for the feedback too!
Old 03-15-2006, 03:51 AM
On The Tree

great choice good luck with it and keep us posted
Old 03-24-2006, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1 Fine 69
Hey i jsut purchased the world products 427 world class engine. I went with aluminum heads and even better the aluminum block ! Iots got hte hydraulic roller cam and put out 520 horse and 500 torque. Does anybody have this motor or has anybody driven something similar? I want to know what i got myself into.
So I see you and Dad really did go for the 427. I have no doubt you will love it. The price is reasonable when you consider you are getting what amounts to a complete crate motor. The new ZO6/C6 is putting out flywheel numbers close to what you will be getting from your 427. I have talked to a couple of people who have them and they dyno about 455 RWHP.

Since you are going with a carb my guess is that you are going to use an MSD setup for the ignition so that solves the PCM concerns you originally had.

As for the power consider this, my C5 Corvette with a 402 gets 470/461 at the wheels behind an automatic. Just be cautious, I can't use more than about half throttle on the street tires. Any more and the car starts to swap ends. However on a pair of ET Streets at the track it's like being shot out of a cannon, great fun. The leaf springs on your car are going to make that much power a challenge to drive. Just remember what a friend of mine told me. When you hit the throttle you're crushing an egg, not driving a nail. You have to learn how to respect that much power in a street car so don't let your ego and testerone get the better of you. (That's difficult when we are young)

It's like fire, handle it the wrong way and it'll hand you your ***.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:33 AM
Launching!

i totally understand. the ignition setup us Mallory. i had the problem at first when we got the car and it had 330 horse 380 torque. everyone in the family thought my dad was crazy. i proved them wrong. me and my dad are the ones who liek to go drifitng in the ford escape during snow storms. he has always made me comfortable with my ability. i always make sure never to get to confident though. i think i am to scared of messing my car up. shes so pretty she turns me into a little fruitcake haha

Quick Reply: World Class 427