Go Back   LS1TECH > SBC-BBC-LT1-LT4 PERFORMANCE > Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 12-27-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0
Default Beware Beck Racing Engines!!!!

Do you want to hear a few highlights of our dealings with BRE?

April 2007: We put down $25,000 towards a $53,000 polished and blown aluminum big block and transmission package. Delivery is promised in 8 weeks.

August 2007: Demands another $10,000 or he will stop the build on the engine.(Already 2 months late) We reluctlantly sent the $10,000 with demands for a date of completion.(Which we never recieved)

October 2007: Flew down to Phoenix to witness the shakedown runs of the engine on the engine dyno. When we arrived, the engine was on the dyno minus plumbing, electrical and 10-71 blower. We were informed by Frank that the Blower Shop had delivered an unfinished blower. He stated that the "rotors would not spin freely". We were led to believe by Frank that another blower was being rushed in for the weekend. After waiting for 3 days, nothing ever showed up. We contacted the Blower Shop only to find out that Frank had never actually ordered up a supercharger for us at all. After finding this out and arriving home, we contacted Frank to let him know we would be meeting him while at SEMA to discuss our frustration.

SEMA: While walking the show, we find our serial numbered, documented and dyno presented engine sitting in the booth of Gear Drive Vendors INC.(They are good people and were not aware that the engine Frank lent them was a customers) We then tracked Frank down on his cell phone and then confronted him at the MSD booth. After catching him in multiple lies, we had uncovered the fact that the engine presented to us via email, photos, documentation and serial numbers was not our engine, and that we had been stolen from and defrauded after 7 months the sum of $35,000.

December 2007: We have aggressively persued Frank Beck since SEMA only to be met with belligerent, threatening, victom-role behavior. We have further uncovered over 2 dozen arrests and convictions to include a felony theft in May 2007. We currently are building a SEMA going 69 Camaro. The client is very upset and progress has been very slow because of this issue. At this time, we are working with detectives in the Phoenix police department and the state attorney generals office to have Frank brought up on theft, fraud and felony charges.. To date, we are out our $35,000. We have purchased our transmission elsewhere and have now started the engine building process all over with a more reputable builder who we have done our homework on.

Please, do your homework and a background check as we have also uncovered over a dozen judgements pending against him, all for the sums of $30,000-$50,000. Don't end up in the same situation that we did.

Speedware Motorsports LLC
Wideopentuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:29 PM   #2
In-Zane Moderator
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 22

That suck man, i am sorry to hear. I am slow enought to build my own, ill never be in a class like you guys.

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
80 Coupe 6.0 TH400
86 TA 5.3, 4L80
92 S10 ECSB 4.8 T56
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ross- View Post
Haw mut horzpowa sbc or lsx eenjun mayk b4 eet need tarbo liked da 2jz?
ZONES89RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:25 PM   #3
TECH Addict
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 2

Thanks for the heads up.

Good luck to you guys, hope everything turns out good, do almost all my own work for this very reason, to many shady shops and people.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
SSZ
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Hope this works. Your not alone unfortunately.http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99974
Pure ugliness.
SSZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:09 PM   #5
11 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 12
Send a message via AIM to 01FbTaWs6 Send a message via MSN to 01FbTaWs6 Send a message via Yahoo to 01FbTaWs6

this plain makes me sick to my stomach! I hate dishonest, low life scum like this! good luck, an I hope he gets whats coming to him!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH View Post
Yeah your BIG stall, gear ratio, and tire size and your goals put you in or on the "kill" mode column. LOL
01FbTaWs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:29 PM   #6
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 19

Man I wouldn't know where to start if I had that kind of coin up in the air. I hope you get your money or your engine and his place burns down. "No" He would just collect on insurance and come out smelling like a rose. Sorry to be so mean but I hate people like that with a passion.
99 Z/28 125 shot spray-WRECKED
00 Z/28 TSP408, 6 Speed, 9" 4:30, Adj. UMI CA, TA, PB, UMI 3-point connectors, FAST 90/90, Blah, blah, blah
1952 Dodge Truck Rat Rod Carbed LQ4 Tremec 5 Speed, I built from the ground up TITTYS
EastTnZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 04:52 PM   #7
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

That is sad to hear. people do things and rong outhers all the time but when it is close to your walk of life you see it as an insult. hope justice is had cant say I wouldn't be taking $35,000 out of somthing,or someone. I know thats rong too but still don't think I could help my self.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:33 AM   #8
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

SSZ Thanks for that link. It really helps!!!
Old 12-30-2007, 02:38 AM   #9
TECH Regular
Garage is empty, add now

Wow, sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Hopefully karma will find him sooner (rather than later)...
Nate81Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:50 AM   #10
SSZ
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

No problem Wideopen. Hope it helps alot. Unfortunately this **** happens sometimes. I hope the guy gets Fuked hard.
SSZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:22 PM   #11
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Beck sounds like the Hennessey of engine builders.
angel71rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:24 PM   #12
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

My Boss TRIED to buy a motor from Frank back in the early 90's, laid down a 8K deposit and never got the motor, or the cash back.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #13
Hulk Smash
2002 Pontiac Trans Am

Trader Rating: 6

Good info - I had briefly considered Beck... now no way in hell.

2002 Blk/Blk Trans Am WS6 A4
TEA Stg 2 LS6 Heads 62cc & LS3 Valves | EPS 234/242 111+3 | Johnson Short-Travel Lifters | Manton 11/32 Pushrods | Lunati Trunions | Cometic .040s | Synergy Oil Pump | Rollmaster Timing Set | ATI UD 10% | Bosch 52lbs & Racetronix Pump | NGK TR6/Firecore50 Wires | FAST LSXR 102/102 TB | FTP 104 Lid & TSP MAF | Kooks 1-7/8" Headers & 3" TDs | FLT Level 6 Trans | CircleD 2E 4200 | 3.5" DS | BeCool | BS Street Lites | Nitto NT05R | BMR/Koni/UMI | See my build list here
JakeFusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:22 PM   #14
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Beck is now on Ebay. 25 items listed in under 10 days.......

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQs...kracingengines
Old 01-06-2008, 04:48 PM   #15
TECH Resident
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 2
Send a message via AIM to cherryelky305

This whole thing is screwy. And i find it amzing that you can follow the threads from site to site. spreading like wildfire.

Good luck to everyone.

1980 El camino
2002 LS1 swap
cherryelky305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:49 AM   #16
On The Tree
1999 Pontiac Firebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideopentuning View Post
Do you want to hear a few highlights of our dealings with BRE?

April 2007: We put down $25,000 towards a $53,000 polished and blown aluminum big block and transmission package. Delivery is promised in 8 weeks.

August 2007: Demands another $10,000 or he will stop the build on the engine.(Already 2 months late) We reluctlantly sent the $10,000 with demands for a date of completion.(Which we never recieved)

October 2007: Flew down to Phoenix to witness the shakedown runs of the engine on the engine dyno. When we arrived, the engine was on the dyno minus plumbing, electrical and 10-71 blower. We were informed by Frank that the Blower Shop had delivered an unfinished blower. He stated that the "rotors would not spin freely". We were led to believe by Frank that another blower was being rushed in for the weekend. After waiting for 3 days, nothing ever showed up. We contacted the Blower Shop only to find out that Frank had never actually ordered up a supercharger for us at all. After finding this out and arriving home, we contacted Frank to let him know we would be meeting him while at SEMA to discuss our frustration.

SEMA: While walking the show, we find our serial numbered, documented and dyno presented engine sitting in the booth of Gear Drive Vendors INC.(They are good people and were not aware that the engine Frank lent them was a customers) We then tracked Frank down on his cell phone and then confronted him at the MSD booth. After catching him in multiple lies, we had uncovered the fact that the engine presented to us via email, photos, documentation and serial numbers was not our engine, and that we had been stolen from and defrauded after 7 months the sum of $35,000.

December 2007: We have aggressively persued Frank Beck since SEMA only to be met with belligerent, threatening, victom-role behavior. We have further uncovered over 2 dozen arrests and convictions to include a felony theft in May 2007. We currently are building a SEMA going 69 Camaro. The client is very upset and progress has been very slow because of this issue. At this time, we are working with detectives in the Phoenix police department and the state attorney generals office to have Frank brought up on theft, fraud and felony charges.. To date, we are out our $35,000. We have purchased our transmission elsewhere and have now started the engine building process all over with a more reputable builder who we have done our homework on.

Please, do your homework and a background check as we have also uncovered over a dozen judgements pending against him, all for the sums of $30,000-$50,000. Don't end up in the same situation that we did.

Speedware Motorsports LLC
I know this is an old thread but was checking him out online and found your post. Sometimes you just need to pay someone to go jam a pistol in peoples mouths when they do crap like that. It's the only language they understand!!!
mikesanto70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:32 AM   #17
Gearhead
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesanto70 View Post
Sometimes you just need to pay someone to go jam a pistol in peoples mouths when they do crap like that. It's the only language they understand!!!

It sure would be cheaper!

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Stryker Blue, Forged 402ci, 230/240 Turbocam, Circle D 6L80E, Circle D 3000 Stall, Twin Garrett GT2871R's and a few other things...

2005 Charcoal Grey Lincoln LS Sport V8, KBX Custom Turbo system...Sold...
rocket5979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:32 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement