Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Wanting to do a swap, but I dont know entirely what I need. HELP! please

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting to do a swap, but I dont know entirely what I need. HELP! please

Ok. I'm a diehard Ls1 fan, but I cant stand foolin' with the millions of wires it takes to swap one. So, Ive decided to go carb. I wanna put a 327 SBC into my 94 camaro, its currently a 3.4 liter and it needs a little kick. Can anyone who has done these swaps or knows their stuff help me out?

-All/most parts I'll need?

-How would I setup the ignition?

-Fuel tank setup?

-Gauges?

Thanks everybody for the help!

-Chris P.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

Why don't you go with a carbed ls1??? You can make sick power and the distributor is in the front. All you have to get is an intake and front cover. make 450 hp stock with stock cam easy.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Launching!

why on earth would you want to limit yourself to 327 cubes?

Put at least a 350 in it or don't waste your time.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:48 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

350 cubes is ok for a pro budget, spend the extra 500$ or so to get 383 cubes man, pft....why on earth a 327?
Old 02-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Camaro94
Ok. I'm a diehard Ls1 fan, but I cant stand foolin' with the millions of wires it takes to swap one. So, Ive decided to go carb. I wanna put a 327 SBC into my 94 camaro, its currently a 3.4 liter and it needs a little kick. Can anyone who has done these swaps or knows their stuff help me out?

-All/most parts I'll need?

-How would I setup the ignition?

-Fuel tank setup?

-Gauges?

Thanks everybody for the help!

-Chris P.
I will get you some pics of my 383 LS1 stroker,it can be done on a budget(sort of).
Old 02-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Buy my 95 camaro that has a 9", set up for SBC. Needs motor, trans, gas tank or fuel cell. PM me if interested. That way you wouldn't have to cut up your car.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:09 PM
12 Second Club

Ok, Ill try to answer your questions....

Ignition- as long as you have the original key you can use the factory wiring to the starter and tap into the original wiring for an ignition to hook up to you dist.

Fuel- I used an ignition source to the wire that activates the factory fuel pump relay. That way I didnt have to add another relay, I just used the stock one. (need to find a wiring diagram to find it) I used a holley fuel press. reg. hooked up to the feed and return line.I used some adaptors from pep boys and some clamps to make it work.

Gauges- The only ones that still work in mine are the voltage and fuel level. I got the tach to work but it was not accurate at all so Im using an external tach along with some pillar oil press. and water temp. I will be convertin all the gauges to autometer so I didnt put much effort into making the speedo work.(hooked it up and read 10 mph when I was going 70!)

I dont know how an sbc would line up with the motor mounts on your 6 cyl k-member but on the Lt1 you can do it with no mods as long as you only use 2 bolts per side.

Oh yeah, I was able to make the radiator and electric fan shroud off of my 90 camaro work with the new and very limited space.

I have pics if you would like to see it to get an idea, hope this helps!

Quick Reply: Wanting to do a swap, but I dont know entirely what I need. HELP! please