Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

95 camaro wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 camaro wiring

does anyone know a sticky or anything that tells u which wires u wont need under the hood and behind the dash basically i want the radio to work spedo and batterey and light blinker horn, reason is iam putting a sbc into my car no more fuel injection carbureted thanks for any info in helping get my project started
Old 03-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

bump::
Old 03-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Launching!

There isnt a "how-to" for the wiring, your going to have to try to figure it out yourself. My 'bird is a wiring nightmare, I ended up ripping everythnig out and starting ALL OVER. And just an FYI, it isnt possible for you to make your stock speedo and tach work, no way, I tryed everything, searched for hours here and on Google and asked everyone I could find that had ever wasted their time like I did.

First thing to do would be to remove the Engine/ECU harness and unplug everywhere it connects to the body harness and see what all still works and what needs to be re-wired from there.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can also get the GM maintenance manual for the car, there is one for electrical, this will tell you whats what.

Like said above I would pull it all out and do it on a work bench.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Teching In

The tach works fine with no issues. The speedometer is going to work with an abbotts electronics converter, but I haven't hooked mine up yet. Just tell them what you are doing and they will send you an extended map converter.

I rewired the entire car, but kept the auto lights and all power stuff. Used the factory manuals though, which is the only way to do it!
Old 03-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Launching!

ZED the V6 stock tach wont work with a V8, it wont read right, mine did work but it was horrible off, since your car was originally a V8 your tach already read correct. As for your speedo, how did you get it to work? Where did you hook into the factory wiring? I have a VDO converter and it didnt even make the stock gauge move at all when I hooked it directly to the gauge without going through the computer.

Quick Reply: 95 camaro wiring