Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Jeep Cherokee SBC Swap!

Old 03-22-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Jeep Cherokee SBC Swap!

Hey guys, I have been kicking around the idea of swapping in a early 90s chevy SBC into my Jeep Cherokee. I wanted to keep the fuel injection. I was thinking of a TBI 350 or 305 or even a Vortec motor.

I looked over at Novak and Advance Adapters and they have most of the swap stuff as far as fitment, but I was wondering about the wiring.

Does anybody have any info on this type of conversion or wiring needs et cetera. Thanks guys
Old 03-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Ask the people that sell the conversions. As far as making it run all you would need is a harness and ECU from what ever the motor your going to use came from, if your going to use TBI get a pre 95 truck harness and ECU, if your using a Vortec get a 96+ truck harness and ECU. The fun part will be getting your gauges to work, just keep all the jeep sensors and use those, you'll have to use the chevy sensors too though for the ECU.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Drumer919
Ask the people that sell the conversions. As far as making it run all you would need is a harness and ECU from what ever the motor your going to use came from, if your going to use TBI get a pre 95 truck harness and ECU, if your using a Vortec get a 96+ truck harness and ECU. The fun part will be getting your gauges to work, just keep all the jeep sensors and use those, you'll have to use the chevy sensors too though for the ECU.
The awesome thing about the old AMC jeeps like the cherokees and stuff is that all the wiring and other stuff is Delco, haha, the steering column is the same one out of the S-10, so I dont think its gonna be too tough

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jeep Cherokee SBC Swap!