Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Anyone use Comp nitrous cams?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use Comp nitrous cams?

I was building a turbo for my truck, but Im not gonna have the money to finish it this year. So Im gonna put the different heads I had for that motor on, swap the intake, and put my nitrous back on.

Ill have the top end apart, and will be dropping the pan to swap to my Canton RR oil pan. So Im just about ready for a cam swap as is.

Im wondering how well the cam works off the spray. Currently running just 350, comp 08-432 cam. 230/236 .510/520 @110. Pulls pretty good, best of 112 mph in my truck. Pretty good driveability and all around power.

Was thinking bout trying the comp 08-303. 236/248, 520/540 @113.

I do not wanna loose any NA power. Heads will be AFR 190s and Vic jr intake. 6 speed 3.90 gears.(swapping from fastburn head and GmPP very tall single plane) I think with the smaller head runners(better flow as well) and shorter intake, it'll make more midrange and TQ. I think even with the larger cam, it should have compareable low end to my combo now

From the info I've done, the LSA should give better top end.

Any feedback running these cams? its a stock style hy roller btw. very little time at the drag strip. not set up to drag race. street bruiser set up to handle.

thanks
Old 04-01-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep what you have. Unless you are using some big jets 200++
Old 04-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive decided against that cam with more research. its a 6500 rpm range, while summit has it listed to only 6K. didnt think that was right.

Is the 110 LSA hurting me? I was only hitting it with 100 shot, and havent used it much. When I first put the kit on, it seemed to hit pretty hard. Last year, I could barely notice it. I had changed the cam and intake from when I first sprayed it. I thought maybe some how I was just getting used to having the extra power.

When I finally ran it at the track, I BARELY picked up 5 mph on 100 shot. That doesnt seem right to me.