Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

313 ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 313 ??

My buddy, who i trust began to tell me about a motor straight from the factory it was a 313 hydraulic roller motor. Chevrolet always known for flat tappets and such. He said it was a 305 sstroker or something, but it came from the factory like that. He said he had it built up but the guy who built it stole it.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

even if it was a stroker it would be more than 8 cubic inches...... would probly be a 332 335 or something if it was a 305 with a stroke to it..... maybe there was something like this but i havent heard of it but you can only belive about 10% of the things you hear from people on cars.... i mean how many times have you heard the "i got the police interceptor chip that gives 100 more hp" or my car came from the factory with a hot cam upgrade.... lol some people try to make a car sound more important than it really is with lies or they might not mean to be lying cause someone told them the wrong info......
Old 05-27-2008, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

sounds to me like you should not trust him so much.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:02 AM

The weirdest thing I have ever seen was a FACTORY sleeved and fitted smallblock in a vette.. back in the late 80s I worked as a line tech in a chevy dealership and saw a factory sleeved L98 come in that would have been more displacment than original (i think it came out to 370 somthing cubes .. turned out to be a factory experemental car owned by GM ..one of the big wigs drove it in from Detroit and it died so our shop had to tear it down ...it was never registered as a production car had manufactuer plates..
as soon as the engine was out we crated it up and a truck picked it up that same day...

Quick Reply: 313 ??