Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

How bad will Florida beat Alabama...or will they?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 08:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver2000WS-6
What is your deal man? Why do you keep talking crap about him? He is very good at what he does or he would not be starting on Nick Saban's defense so get off him. Florida played an awesome game. Tebow really is an awesome quarter back. I believe the game was closer than the score revealed and it could have been a reverse score if it wasn't for that facemask haha. I really enjoyed the game and I am very proud of my team. Roll Tide!!!!!!

,Chase
As I said he is the most over rated player in the sec..outside of the introduction his name was not memtioned all game...he will also be a nonfactor if he tries to play football on sundays...are you related to him???...cause you sure are swinging on his nutz...:swing

Geeeze you throw out the ifa, woulda, shoulda... ... give us a break...you guys were out classed ... you had a decent season ... you know and everybody else knows you were not the number 1 team in the country..put the kool aid down man and step back and grab a hold of reality ...
Old 12-08-2008, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
Its all good, they took care of business last year if im not mistaken.. Id rather lose 5 games with a crappy QB then to make it that far then BLOW both SEC and NC hopes in a couple hrs. Face it, bama didnt play anybody good this year. They finally played a legit ranked team and their flaws showed.
You're talking crazy now. I would much rather have 12-1 season than have a a 5 loss season. You're just bitter. At least we had to opportunity to make it to the big show. Alabama gave Florida all they wanted, but Florida pulled out the win. Florida absolutely embarrassed LSU this year. Bunch of haters in here
Old 12-08-2008, 10:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DustinWS6
You're talking crazy now. I would much rather have 12-1 season than have a a 5 loss season. You're just bitter. At least we had to opportunity to make it to the big show. Alabama gave Florida all they wanted, but Florida pulled out the win. Florida absolutely embarrassed LSU this year. Bunch of haters in here
Bitter? Hardly!! Like I said last time I checked LSU won the SEC and NC last year so im not disapointed at all this year. Your right, Bama had the oppurtunity to make it to the big show and they choked as expected. Yep, FL embarrassed LSU this year as expected even though they scored more points then bama did vs FL but who cares? It had nothing to do with bama's "perfect" season.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
Bitter? Hardly!! Like I said last time I checked LSU won the SEC and NC last year so im not disapointed at all this year. Your right, Bama had the oppurtunity to make it to the big show and they choked as expected. Yep, FL embarrassed LSU this year as expected even though they scored more points then bama did vs FL but who cares? It had nothing to do with bama's "perfect" season.
Choked? They hardly choked. Florida was just the better team that night.

You're nuts if you would really rather have a 5 loss season over going 12-1. I'm sorry that LSU was down this year and "Pick 6" is such a terrible QB
Old 12-08-2008, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No hate..its just hearing how great Bama is every week by every Bama fan just gets old and gives a reason why a lot of people do not like Bama football or fans. Hearing how they play in "the best" conference in football this year is just crazy. Everybody talks about the SEC "D" and how Bama had to beat such great teams in the SEC to get to number one..come on..the SEC is good a lot of years but is down this year. Just like the ACC is down the past few years but when VT, FSU, UM, BC,UC were "the teams to beat" they had a reason for having a few conference losses just like the SEC. The SEC had only 2 teams to beat this year unlike the 4-5 they usually have(GA,TN,LSU,AL,UF,AU) . Fact is Bama had to win ONE big game and the couldnt do it. So now everybody is letting Bama fans hear what they think since Bama fans have been talking all year.Most Bama fans dish out trash talk but when it happens to them they dont want to hear it.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by homerunhtr21
No hate..its just hearing how great Bama is every week by every Bama fan just gets old and gives a reason why a lot of people do not like Bama football or fans. Hearing how they play in "the best" conference in football this year is just crazy. Everybody talks about the SEC "D" and how Bama had to beat such great teams in the SEC to get to number one..come on..the SEC is good a lot of years but is down this year. Just like the ACC is down the past few years but when VT, FSU, UM, BC,UC were "the teams to beat" they had a reason for having a few conference losses just like the SEC. The SEC had only 2 teams to beat this year unlike the 4-5 they usually have(GA,TN,LSU,AL,UF,AU) . Fact is Bama had to win ONE big game and the couldnt do it. So now everybody is letting Bama fans hear what they think since Bama fans have been talking all year.Most Bama fans dish out trash talk but when it happens to them they dont want to hear it.
There are a lot of ridiculous Bama fans out there but not all of us are like that. The huge turnaround that Bama has done is the past year is amazing. I never really saw many Bama fans on here running their mouth, it seemed like it was most of the haters.

You also left out Mississippi from the teams to beat. They should have won the Wake Forest and Vanderbilt game. They are a legit team with big wins over LSU and Florida.

Either way we got there and had a much better season than I was expecting. I'm 100% happy with this season and am ready to watch the bowl game and see what kind of recruits we can pull in for next year!
Old 12-08-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by slt200mph
As I said he is the most over rated player in the sec..outside of the introduction his name was not memtioned all game...he will also be a nonfactor if he tries to play football on sundays...are you related to him???...cause you sure are swinging on his nutz...:swing

Geeeze you throw out the ifa, woulda, shoulda... ... give us a break...you guys were out classed ... you had a decent season ... you know and everybody else knows you were not the number 1 team in the country..put the kool aid down man and step back and grab a hold of reality ...
Actually his name did get mentioned if you will recall somewhere in the game he was mentioned and then they notice how Florida isn't able to run up the middle for big gains on Alabama like they have done in the past. They didn't try much but when they did they didn't succeed but when you have Tebow back there it doesn't really matter lol. I was so impressed with the way he could get the ball to the recievers at the ground so only his guys could catch it. If you would watch Bama defensive did a great job covering their recievers they just could not do anything about them ground ***** lol. Maybe we will have another awesome game to watch next year.

P.S. I find it interesting how a couple of the teams we played were "awesome" until we beat them. Maybe the reason they are not any good now is because we riped their hope away. lol

,Chase

Last edited by Silver2000WS-6; 12-09-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Choked? They hardly choked. Florida was just the better team that night.

You're nuts if you would really rather have a 5 loss season over going 12-1. I'm sorry that LSU was down this year and "Pick 6" is such a terrible QB
Don't let them get to ya lol. Very few of these guys are Florida fans they are just mad at Alabama for beating them.

,Chase
Old 12-08-2008, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Don't let them get to ya lol. Very few of these guys are Florida fans they are just mad at Alabama for beating them.

,Chase
They're not getting to me. I know they are just jealous their team wasn't where we were this season
Old 12-08-2008, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

There are a lot of ridiculous Bama fans out there but not all of us are like that.
You speak the truth...every team has fans they don't want to claim. We're just tired of hearing about them go on and on about how they were going to the NC this year, blah blah blah. It seems like Bama has 1 good year out of the past decade and instantly everyone has to bow down to them. It's not so much the people on here, but we're just stirring the pot.

Alabama beat a lot of teams that were having an off year anyway. Auburn struggled with offensive coaching all season (war eagle anyway lol), LSU had a QB that threw about 4 interceptions a game, and TN, well, AU beat TN so I'll leave that one alone lol.

Bama played a good game against FL, but let's face it. Florida beat them without Harvin. That, to me, shows that even though one of their best players was gone, they still stepped up and got it done. They earned that win. I'll also predict Tebow for the heisman.

^^^Jealous of UA? At least the BCS didn't get a chance to screw bama like they did AU in 2004 when we went 13-0 and never got to play for the NC lol.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

They're not getting to me. I know they are just jealous their team wasn't where we were this season
Im very happy with where my Georgia Tech team was this season. They didnt play their best but nor did they play bad. We beat Georgia for the first time in 7 years just like you guys beat Auburn. We are going to a good bowl game to play defending national champion LSU, our soph RB Jonathan Dwyer was named ACC player of the year, we had 5 first team ACC players, and our senior DE got named fist team All-American. Not to mention having one of the top 3 youngest teams in football with 75 of 110 players being freshmen or sophomores. Im very happy with this season and look forward to the years to come as the team matures and the entire ACC gets older (youngest conference)
Old 12-09-2008, 09:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Actually his name did get mentioned if you will recall somewhere in the game he was mentioned and then they notice how Florida isn't able to run up the middle for big gains on Alabama like they have done in the past. They didn't try much but when they did they did succeed but I when you have Tebow back there it doesn't really matter lol. I was so impressed with the way he could get the ball to the recievers at the ground so only his guys could catch it. If you would watch Bama defensive did a great job covering their recievers they just could not do anything about them ground ***** lol. Maybe we will have another awesome game to watch next year.

P.S. I find it interesting how a couple of the teams we played were "awesome" until we beat them. Maybe the reason they are not any good now is because we riped their hope away. lol

,Chase
Geeeze this is really getting boring now...put the kool aid down dude...the best thing that happed to bama was that Harbin was hurt or it would have gotten real ugly...as I said earlier uf does not make their living running the ball between the tackles..the phatt guy was a nonfactor .. I watched the game while you were drinking the red kool aid...the sec was down this year especially the sec west...you all had a nice little season but you were not a top 5 team ...
Old 12-09-2008, 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Geeeze this is really getting boring now...put the kool aid down dude...the best thing that happed to bama was that Harbin was hurt or it would have gotten real ugly...as I said earlier uf does not make their living running the ball between the tackles..the phatt guy was a nonfactor .. I watched the game while you were drinking the red kool aid...the sec was down this year especially the sec west...you all had a nice little season but you were not a top 5 team ...
Your right this is getting old. I will try to write Saban and tell him to get Cody out of the middle that he is just fat and does not contribute to his style defense thanks for letting us in on this knowledge of yours. I am done. haha Seriously I am done arguing.

,Chase
Old 12-09-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Your right this is getting old. I will try to write Saban and tell him to get Cody out of the middle that he is just fat and does not contribute to his style defense thanks for letting us in on this knowledge of yours. I am done. haha Seriously I am done arguing.

,Chase
The truth always hurts sorry to bust your bubble..didn't think you were going to get all butt hurt about it...blind loyalists of any program like you always make me laugh...

PS Don't write to saban write to the phatt guy since your his biggest nut hugger and prez of his fan club..
Old 12-10-2008, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not a top five team? Are you serious?
Old 12-10-2008, 11:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BAN-LS1
Not a top five team? Are you serious?
dont take it seriously. he has to talk **** somewhere and god knows he wont touch the thread about tech and uga so he jumped on the uf bandwagon.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think Bama is a top five team. #4 is about right, I wish they were playing Texas in there bowl game... Instead, Bama is going to blow out Utah, and Texas is going to DESTROY Ohio state... ask me how I know?
Old 12-14-2008, 08:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ramsoccer11
dont take it seriously. he has to talk **** somewhere and god knows he wont touch the thread about tech and uga so he jumped on the uf bandwagon.
I'll take a 7 to 1 ratio any time against the bugs .. I am not a fan of uf or ua but a fan of football and I still stand behind my statement of cody being the most over rated player in the sec and that ub is not a top five team..florida, oklahoma, texas, usc, penn st. in my opinion are better teams than bama...too bad they get to play a cup cake in the bowl..they had a very EZ time this year and only played one good team...the sec west was down just like the rest of the sec this year......blind loyalist make me laugh no matter which program they put on their pedistal..
Old 12-14-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll take a 7 to 1 ratio any time against the bugs .. I am not a fan of uf or ua but a fan of football and I still stand behind my statement of cody being the most over rated player in the sec and that ub is not a top five team..florida, oklahoma, texas, usc, penn st. in my opinion are better teams than bama...too bad they get to play a cup cake in the bowl..they had a very EZ time this year and only played one good team...the sec west was down just like the rest of the sec this year......blind loyalist make me laugh no matter which program they put on their pedistal..
Hello, pot, have you met kettle? You are the epitome of blind loyalist. Alabama not a top 5 team? I can't quite remember, but didn't the number 8 ranked alabama roll over a certain number 3 ranked team in week 5? As long as you admit Georgia was over rated and never deserved to be number 1, I guess you aren't a blind loyalist. It must have been a rebuilding year...
Old 12-14-2008, 10:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ba78ta
Hello, pot, have you met kettle? You are the epitome of blind loyalist. Alabama not a top 5 team? I can't quite remember, but didn't the number 8 ranked alabama roll over a certain number 3 ranked team in week 5? As long as you admit Georgia was over rated and never deserved to be number 1, I guess you aren't a blind loyalist. It must have been a rebuilding year...
Georgia was soft this year .... you never heard me say that they were a number one team..you never heard me say anything about their ranking this season or preseason...they have a soft coach..untile they hire someone on that staff that grabs numskull players by the facemask and shake them up and kick them in the azzz and instill some dicipline and some toughness ... they will continue to get their azz kicked by toughter teams..I am not a uga fan but I do like anybody better than the bugs..you buggie boys didn't say **** till after the game uga game..but a 7 year losing streak will do that to ya..so back at ya kettle..