Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

What to do in Memphis, TN?

Old 12-16-2008, 05:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What to do in Memphis, TN?

My wife and I will be up there the weekend after christmas and I was wondering what there is to do up there? My wife will be on business which means alot of time on my hands and I'm not about to spend it in a hotel room. These are my intersts: Racing, pool, bowling, golf, and HOOTERS lol. Or just what ever. As long as it doesn't involve being cooped up in a hotel room. Wouldn't mind meeting some of yall either. Ya'll do have a HOOTERS don't ya? Would MMP happen to still be open this time of year? Thanks in advance to your replies.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:09 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to drop by the shop one day for lunch, we will take you to Hooters.

We have Southwind which is the PGA course here. If the weather is good enough and you want to pay the greens fees, I hear its a fun course. I wouldnt know because I dont golf.

And im pretty sure MMP is done for the year by that time.

My business partner shoots a lot of pool, so he can tell you where to go for that.

Just let us know if you want to come by while you are bored one day.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know this is going to sound weird but I have not been to Memphis without going to the Peabody Hotel and watching the ducks go from the fountain to the elevator. Just a fun little way to pass the time. ("They march daily at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.")
Old 12-16-2008, 01:36 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks Jeff. I think I might take you up on the offer and come by to check out the shop. Wish I would be in the Z, but it doesn't have enough room for everything.

-Josh
Old 12-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Launching!

What to do in Memphis? Try to not get mugged!

JKing, there's alot of stuff to do in the summer, but it seems like everyone is afraid of getting out in the cold in the winter!
Old 12-17-2008, 07:01 PM
10 Second Club

just don't drive anything nice you don't want stolen. There are some thieving bastards there.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Regular

Best thing to do ... stay away from Graceland at night no matter what you heard about the Lights at Graceland. ***** just dangerous ! MMP is Closed , it closed about a week ago. There really isnt much to do here in the winter, our Trans Am club Bowls on Friday night - We have security for our cars.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:08 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the heads up guys. I don't even know what hotel we're staying in yet. I pack heat with me everywhere I go so I'm not that worried about anyone. I've never gone out late in any city I'm not familiar with anyways just because I don't know the area or people. We should be getting up there friday afternoonish. So I'll have a little time to run around and scope out a few things to do.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:45 PM
11 Second Club

Alright, we made it to memphis. We're staying in the Comfort Inn on front street. What's close or what's THE closest thing for some type of entertainment?
Old 12-26-2008, 03:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by blue98Z
Alright, we made it to memphis. We're staying in the Comfort Inn on front street. What's close or what's THE closest thing for some type of entertainment?
if you are down town on Front street, head on over to Beale Street and check out all the bars. Theres a hooters down there too.

Theres also a club called the "flying saucer" that a lot of younger folks hang out at.

also, if you are hungry and like steak.......check out Texas De Brazil on Peabody Place. Its absolutely the best place I have ever eaten at for meat. It will cost you close to 100.00 for a couple, but its just fantastic.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

Ok. That will give us some options for tomorrow night. She's going to meet up with some friends that are in this wedding that she shooting on sunday so tonight I'll be here chillin I guess.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:30 PM
12 Second Club

Josh there is a really great pool hall up there, but I can't think of the name. Maybe one of the locals can help with that.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The butcher shop is also down on front street and is a great steak house. It's right next to the fire station on front street. Beale street is great for evening entertainment. If you want good ribs, Blues city cafe on beale is good to go. As far as daytime stuff to do, sky's the limit in memphis.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by caddobass
Josh there is a really great pool hall up there, but I can't think of the name. Maybe one of the locals can help with that.
I think I found it, but also forgot the name of it lol.

Originally Posted by anarchy99
The butcher shop is also down on front street and is a great steak house. It's right next to the fire station on front street. Beale street is great for evening entertainment. If you want good ribs, Blues city cafe on beale is good to go. As far as daytime stuff to do, sky's the limit in memphis.
Yeah, I just saw that earlier and was wondering if it was any good since it's right up the street. If the rain holds off tomorrow thinking of going to Golf and Games Family Park. The wife likes mini golf and I want to race the go karts. Thanks for the tip.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Also, give the "Rendevous" a chance if you like Ribs.

They are the best I have ever had.

Search this Thread