Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Cam Install Columbus Ga

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 06:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm not sure how this turned into a flaming thread......but whatever......to the OP....you have my opinion....as well as everyone else's....so good luck with whom ever you decide to do the work...

And yeah, Tim got banned for 10 days because of my reccomendation....which is entirely my fault so i don't understand why he got banned.....but yeah...i just came from his shop and talked with him about it....

also, i really wasn't thinking when i made my original post....i was just trying to help the OP since i knew a guy that would do the job without robbing him blind....i'll be sure to send a PM next time...
Old 10-22-2010, 06:57 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mightymike2000ss
you sir are an ***
Because I speak the truth? I get so many F'd up cars from South Georgia it's not even funny. I'm not accusing anyone in particular, just speaking in general. I'm not an ***. I just don't care if I hurt somebody's feelings by speaking my mind.

Originally Posted by greasemonkeysoldier
i'm not sure how this turned into a flaming thread......but whatever......to the OP....you have my opinion....as well as everyone else's....so good luck with whom ever you decide to do the work...

And yeah, Tim got banned for 10 days because of my reccomendation....which is entirely my fault so i don't understand why he got banned.....but yeah...i just came from his shop and talked with him about it....

also, i really wasn't thinking when i made my original post....i was just trying to help the OP since i knew a guy that would do the job without robbing him blind....i'll be sure to send a PM next time...
This didn't turn into a flaming thread. Nobody said anything bad about Outlaw, and my comments were said in jest. I wasn't flaming anyone in particular.

Tim didn't get banned for your recommendation. He got banned because a member openly admitted to coordinating with him via PM about getting work done. That's referred to as back door soliciting, which is not allowed here. If Tim want's to pimp his services here, he needs to pay just like everybody else.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damian, when will you be finished with the qoute for the m6 to auto conversion? I also hit you up in regards to transmission brands.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mightymike2000ss
you sir are an ***
no MIKE, YOU sir are the ***. Josh didnt say anything ill about tim, his work, or anything to do with him. he made a general statement about customers complaints on the quality of work done in this area, and i cannot agree more. there is not a shop in columbus that i would let work on my lawn mower. and that goes for ALL of them. there are some people here that i trust my car to, but no shops. josh is one of the most respected mechanics in this area and ive not one time heard anyone complain about his service, craftsmanship, or price. and i read alot of threads. ive never met josh, never spoken with him in person, and certainly never seen his shop, but just from what ive seen about him and what people have used him have to say, id recommend him. if anyone here doesnt want to take my word for it, CancerJCC had him do work for him, 2slow had work done by him and from what ive heard about his ride it runs strong without any hiccups. as far as any other shops around here ive yet to see any cars built them running around on the streets. i hear lots of stories, but havent seen anything for myself. seems people these days will believe anything they hear if it falls close to what they want to hear. so in that case josh i need you to build me a 305ci LTx motor. i hear small cubes are where the money is at. and to the OP, i want to apologize for this thread going south. didnt want to write this post here, but i cannot tolerate stupidity especially when its done in such a manner as to deliborately offend someone for something they didnt even do. and just an FYI, zz17iroc is a VERY wise gearhead. if he gives you advice, you should at the very least consider it. its free, why not. once again im sorry for the thread getting out of hand and good luck with your cam install. would still love to see this hawk.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA

what is this comedy hour? thats right im the ***.... why do you get so mad firehawk? lol yes craig's is the man. but can you explain to me what lsx shops hes talking about. i thinking we know why your getting all mad and posting short stories on both threads
Old 10-24-2010, 10:44 AM
11 Second Club

well....when someone makes a statement that there are no shops worth taking your car to in Columbus...and a certain friend of mine has a shop in columbus...i take offense to that....and it's not even my shop....but if it was i'd be pissed....and that's flaming to me...

Damian...you're right...you never said anything bad about Tim or his shop....i wasn;t saying you did....you made it very clear that you haven't heard anything bad about him yet....

and while some people might not have heard anything about his shop yet all i have to say to that is just wait until next spring....because when he's done with my car it will be something to talk about...especially if i can hit 11's before the cam....and he has a couple of other projects in he works as well...
Old 10-24-2010, 10:47 AM
11 Second Club

also, mike....dude...i understand where you are coming from...but man, you got to show some maturity bro...we are all adult here and we all have our opinions.....and regardless if we like others' opinons we should still respect them...

Quick Reply: Cam Install Columbus Ga